Monday, January 30, 2017

Cream puffs can dendo too?

cheeeeeessssin bc life is great
Heyooooo!

This week was probably one of the best I have had on my mission. We worked our booottttiiieeesss off this week and saw so many cool miracles! 

For starters. MAKI. I know I bear my testimony about her every week, but she's my favorite person everrrr. I am serious!! This week we met with her almost every day. About a week ago she saw Ohki 姉妹 and my scriptures and saw how they were tabbed, marked and noted. She thought that was so cool and went and bought some for herself so she can get as much out of the scriptures as we do. She now takes notes when we teach her, writes how scriptures apply to her, questions, things she likes, etc. IT'S INCREDIBLE. Her heart has been so humbled and she gets sooooo excited to study. It's the best. She told us a couple of days ago that she reallllyyy wants to be baptized and wants her kids to grow up in the church. YES. She is working so hard and her progression is skyrocketing every day. So so so exciting.

We started a Kodomo Eikaiwa class this week (kids English class). It was soooooo fun. Maki and her 2 kids came too! I don't think all you back at home realize how much we teach English out here.... It is legit every day. We teach like 6 different courses... Nuts. Missionary? English teacher? Both? Idk but it's wayyyy fun.

Okay, now to explain this week's caption. Ohki 姉妹 and I came to a stunning realization that we are literally and completely obsessed with cream puffs. They have these huge cream puffs here that literally change you. I am serious. Change you into a cream puff that is... Well anywaysssss. One day I kept a tally in my planner of how many conversations we had about cream puffs.... I don't even want to tell you how big the number was because it's that big. We are OBSESSED. When you're happy? Cream puff. Sad? Cream puff? Tired? Cream puff. Cream puffs and the Atonement, the answer to all of life's questions. Hahahaha. I promise we are focused lolol.

CHURCH IS SOOO TRUE

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun facts:

-Any time you eat dessert here (ice cream specifically), they put 
frosted flakes on it. It's actually wayyy good. 10 out of 10 would recommend.

-Sometimes not being able to read kanji is rough. Like for example, when you get a letter in all kanji and all you recognize is the water kanji, and then realize your water in the apartment doesn't work, and it's past curfew so you can't leave, so the next day you have to go to 
shower your hair in the church kitchen sink... at 6:30 in the morning... and your hair freezes.... ya......  not being able to read kanji is sometimes a bit of a struggle.... ;)

oh.
beauty in a photo. behold. cream puffs.
ha... haha.... hahahaha... ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment