Wednesday, January 18, 2017

まだ居る

Heyyyyoooo!

So this week some big things happened... For starters.... I officially hit my 6 month mark in the field.... K LIKE BYE. Also... We had transfer calls this morning and SISTER OHKI AND I ARE BOTH STAYING IN KAWAGOE AND SAKADO. Words just don't describe the excitement we both had. She is the bestttttttt. Also hence the caption.... まだ居る- still existing... but basically translates to staying haha... There's a fun fact for ya... Japanese rarely directly translates. So translating is a crazy adventure lol. I just love this language. So crazy weird and fun.

This week was filled with lotssss of trainings and meetings but I did have a first this week. We got bashed pretty hard by someone who realllyyyy realllyyyyy didn't like us or our church. In Japan everyone is always soooo polite, so I was a bit shocked to say the least. The experience was pretty hard, but through it my testimony was strengthened sooooo much. I can say that I truly know without a doubt that this is the true church. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God. I know that we have a Father in Heaven who loves us and is constantly sending angels to attend us each and every day. This gospel is the reason why I am happy, and I am so grateful to have the knowledge of the truth. A lot of the things said during this experience were very hurtful, but as Sister Ohki and I walked out the door we began to talk about Jesus Christ. He suffered for THAT moment. He suffered way more than we did and yet He did it with love. Missionary work is so cool because it gives you opportunities like this to really find the Lord. This was one of those moments for me.

On a completely different note. There were 3 baptisms in our district this week. THIS IS CRAZY PEOPLE! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. We were all soooo excited and it was fun to help and experience that joy that comes through baptism. Also, WAY exciting random thing. Last week as I was riding the train to meet Sister Ohki in Sakado, I met a super cool woman who ended up having a lot of interest. I invited her to come to the baptism with me and she said if she could she would! I was way pumped but THEN GET THIS. About 2 days later SHE CALLED ME. She asked if she could come to the baptism and to church and to our English class...... *legit ran around the apartment silent screaming I was so excited... ask Ohki 姉妹... she is a witness lol* MIRACLESSSSS.

I am so glad to be staying here another transfer. Kawagoe and Sakado are home. I have now been here a third of my mission and I feel like the luckiest person in the world! 

CHURCH IS TRUE

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

also gomennnnnn.... today was nuts so I can't send pics.... soooo that should keep you all on your toes for next week! lol sorrrrrryyy!

No comments:

Post a Comment