Monday, January 2, 2017

Baptismal dates and kidney stones... lol

HAPPY NEW YEARRRRRR!

This week was quite the adventure to say the least. The reason you ask? Wellllllll, my darling companion started the week not feeling very well, and by the end of the week we had been to the doctor and the hospital andddd she had kidney stones. KIDNEY STONES. I KNOW! LIKE WHAT? Seriously that girl was such a trooper. This past Wednesday night we had to go to the hospital late at night.... Like PAST 10:30. Lol. Crazy I tell ya. #missionarylife #nice. She had to get an MRI and all sorts of tests. Well, as we were waiting for the tests to come back, the 1 a.m. syndrome got to us and we were literally laughing at everything. Kiyomi 姉妹, the member who was so sweet to take us, was in tears she was laughing so hard. We of course had take really fantastic pictures and the whole hospital was basically
laughing at us, lol.  Great times I tell ya. It ended up being way fun. I'm grateful for a companion and a member who can make a really scary hospital trip really quite a funny memory. And GOOD NEWS! Ohki 姉妹 is HEALED. She is feeling sooooo much better. WOO! True tender mercy! 


Because of the kidney stones we didn't get to go outside a lot, but the first time we did we went to our investigator Maki's house. We were planning on just following up on some things and talking about the priesthood blessing she received last week because Sister Ohki was still recovering, but we ended up having a crazzzzzyyyy lesson about EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING. ANNNNDDDDDDDD... SHE ACCEPTED A BAPTISMAL DATE! I legit was almost in tears I was so excited. She is now praying to receive her confirmation but ahhhhh it was so cool! I love her with my whole entire soul. I didn't think I could love this much. It's insane. Also, seriously, I could feel God's love for her so much while we were talking. There was a point in the lesson where I said something and Maki just stopped in her tracks and was like, "Moda Shimai, how did you know?" She was freaking out. My mouth couldn't move fast enough and I just felt the Spirit speaking right through me to her and LEGIT IT WAS SO COOL. I responded that it wasn't me, it was God, and she just nodded and was like, "I know..." NOW TELL ME THAT ISN'T THE COOLEST THING EVER! I know I say it every week, but I am obsessed with being a missionary and I am even more obsessed with my mission. 

Life is gud. The church is SO true.

say your prayersssss

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

 Fun facts:

-New Year's is the most famous holiday here. They all eat "soba" which is like soup...ish? Ramen...ish? (But don't you go thinking that Top Ramen trash... no no. This is a whole different level). ANYWAYS. Everything they eat on New Year's has a meaning. They eat soba because the noodles are long so it symbolizes a long life! We ate it with Maki on New Year's!









No comments:

Post a Comment