Monday, January 9, 2017

BIG NEWS: still obsessed with my mission

Konnnniiiiichhhhiiiiwwwwaaaaa!

This week as always was just amazing. I cannot believe another transfer is coming to a close. LIKE UM HI WHAT? NO. I am loving each and every day. I fall onto my pillow every night just wondering if this is actually real life.. Well... Every morning I wake up and I am still here so I guess it is! Lol.

This week Maki came to church for all 3 hours! *AHHHHH CROWD GOES WILD* Literally greatest moment of my life seeing her walk through the chapel doors with her two darling kids. She and her kids seemed to really like it and the ward was so so excited. Also, it was Fast Sunday, so it was an awesomeeeee sacrament meeting. Takayanagi Kyoudai was even the first one to get up and bear his testimony about his mother going through the temple and what a special experience that was. THE BEST. I love the spirit that is at church, especially testimony meetings. Soooo awesome.

Speaking of it being Fast Sunday, this week we had a really good lesson with Maki and some members about the Word of Wisdom. She is working hard to stop smoking right now and she and her 12-year-old son even fasted this week. It was so special and she is doing sooooooo good. We are so proud of her, and honestly, I feel soooo privileged to be able to work with her. She is reallllyyyy realllyyyy special to me and I could literally talk about her for the rest of my life. They say you come on missions to find "the one" and I think Maki is one of mine. I needed her. She has honestly changed my life, and seeing her life along with her 2 kids lives changing every day is an opportunity I will FOREVER be grateful for.

Piano with Kiyomi!
Today, we spent our pday free time at a member's house. They were so cute and fed us and then we ended up around their piano (because they are both like music prodigies). We just sang church songs around the piano and the spirit was crazyyyy. There are so many amazing moments about being a missionary, but it's the little ones like that that just make it all worth it.


THE CHURCH IS TRUE I PROMISE

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun Facts:

- As seen in pictures. These doctor's office masks are an everyday wear in Japan. Whether you are sick, have acne, don't want to get ready, are cold, whatever it is.... These fashion statements are your answer. I love Japan.



New Year's cleaning where we may or may not have flooded the room... #casual

The Takayanagis. Some of Shae's favorite people.
Shae could NOT get enough of these birds. She sent us a 4 1/2 minute video of them flying around. :)
Eating a persimmon. Cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment