Monday, January 23, 2017

Prayers and potatoes

Sister Mod and Maki at Lalaport on pday.
Konnniiiicccchhhiiiiwwwwaaaa!

This week was good! It wasn't good because of anything super crazy,
but it was good because I was able to serve people here with a best
friend as a companion in a country that I am absolutely obsessed with.
Actually this week, a lot lot lot of our plans fell through and we
weren't able to do as much as we were hoping, but we were able to set
some awesome goals from it, and let's just say Sister Ohki and I are
STOKED for this next week. YA DENDO WOOOHOOOOO.

One really fun memory from this week happened on Thursday during ping
pong. (And yes, for those of you who were wondering, I definitely have
gotten wayyyyy better at ping pong due to the fact that we play every
week haha. I still am not anywhere near Nihonjin level BUT we are making our way.... *insert smolder emoji*) ANYWAYS... Maki and her cute kids came to ping pong! We were just chatting when Maki says to
me, "You will never believe what happened 2 days ago..." She proceeded
to tell me that cute 4 year old Akari chan, after her bath, got on her
Ping pong night.
knees and started praying by herself. K CUTE WOW. We talked about how
powerful the spirit can speak to little kids and I was like a proud
mom in that moment I swear. BUT THEN. Sister Ohki, Maki, Akari and I
all went up to play with the toy kitchen. Akari "made" us all food,
and before we started eating, she stopped us all and said, "WAIT
EVERYONE! WE HAVE TO PRAY". She then said the cutest 4-year-old prayer
of my life... randomly stopping because she forgot the words, but
stilllll. So cute. Also, later that night I gave her a mint. Of course
she popped it in her mouth, but then just teasing her I was like,
"Ummmm excuse me. Did you pray?" She did a little scream, took the mint
out of her mouth, said a prayer, and proceeded eating. I died. So
cute. Maki and her kids now pray together as a family. It is so
special and I just love seeing how God is impacting their lives.

Being a missionary is the best. You really do meet your eternal
friends. The church is so so true. Iiiiiiiii promise!

SAY YOUR PRAYERS EVERYONE

xoxoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

Remember when I said Japan was so stylish?
Well check out these bad boys...Fluffy hats. A must.
Fun facts:
-JAPAN IS SO GOOD AT STYLE. Me and Sister Ohki always talk about how
we legit look like 2 American potatoes walking around Japan bc we
do.... Today Maki took us to the biggest and newest mall in Japan....
Lalaport. *cue fireworks*. Go look it up. Everyone. Huge. HUGEEEEE. We
were in heaven lol.




-Making mochi (pounded rice) and yes, I did pound it with a giant
hammer-like thing.
See?

More pday fun!
Studying away. bc #missionaries
-Lesson with the new members from last week, Luiz and Edia! They are
from Brazil (hi Leo) and are the bestttttt! Elder Passos has to translate for us all but we LOVE them!



These are the free English class fliers they use. I think....


No comments:

Post a Comment