Monday, December 26, 2016

"Today is Christmas?" -everyone

Mod Shimai & Yoshioka Shimai
MERRRRRYYYYY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

This week will basically be an email of fun facts... Because, let's just say Christmas in Japan is nothinggggg like in America.... Because..... Well.... Let's just say.... they don't really have Christmas in Japan! Like at all! Haha! Christmas is a normal day for people in Japan. They go to work, they hang out with friends, they do everyday things! It literally blew my mind! I had so much fun telling people about what Christmas was all about! We did "Christmas dendo (missionary work)" all week and it was a blasttttt. I JUST LOVE CHRISTMAS, and being here made me really realize that! I got to tell people that Christmas was Jesus Christ's birthday. They had no idea and it was the coolest thing ever to be able to tell them about it and explain why He was so important. My testimony of Him was strengthened immensely this week, I wish it was Christmas every week!

Japanese people do have two Christmas traditions..... They eat cake, and KFC. Yep. I still do not understand either. HAHAHA I LOVE JAPAN. Sister Ohki and I made sure to eat some cake, we're turning more Japanese every day. ;) 

One miracle of this week, one of our investigators has been having a tough time lately and was able to receive a priesthood blessing this past week after one of our ward Christmas parties. She said that she felt God and Jesus Christ in the room with her at that moment. Coolest thing in the world to hear her say that. THE CHURCH IS SO TRUE AND I JUST LOVE IT. 

I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas and that you all appreciated lights, Christmas trees, snow, and all the Christmasy things. As for me, this Christmas will forever be one of my favorites. Not beca
use anything huge happened, but because I got to be in my favorite place with some of my new favorite people, and all I had to think about was my Savior, Jesus Christ.  

MAKE GOOD CHOICES

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

Ohki 姉妹's grandparents came to church on Sunday... welll... Ohki 姉妹 was in Sakado... 
Your average Christmas Eve pic
Christmas feast at the Morishima's!







No comments:

Post a Comment