Monday, December 5, 2016

From Trainee to Trainer... all in about 24 hours

Konnichiwaaaaa!

Well... lots has happened this week. My big news for the week was going to be that I now teach Eikaiwa in a different city than my companion and ride the trains by myself......... butttttttt... now that's just old news. Because..... *cue drum roll even though you probably already know what I'm going to say because of my title and now I'm just stalling so it takes you longer to read... HAHA this is fun...wow I need a life... lol, okay fine, I'll tell you.. stop asking.......................* We got transfer calls this morning, anddddd I'M TRANSFER 3 AND TRAININGGGGG! Ya. I know, I honestly can't believe it either. There are 3 new sisters coming this transfer and somehow I am now one of the 3 new trainers. I will be staying in Kawagoe and Sakado #blessing. But ya! I am suuuuuuper nervous, but I am excited! Also, Sister Wootan is so excited because she gets to meet her grandchild before she dies! (Marci interjecting here-- Since Sister Wootan is done with her mission and is going home, she is considered "dying" in missionary terms. Also, if you train a missionary, that person is considered your "child" and you are their "mother," so if your "child" trains a missionary, that new person is considered their "grandchild." One last thing. When a missionary goes home at the end of their mission, the other missionaries refer to that as "killing" their companion. It can be a little confusing. Make sense? No? I thought I had better at least TRY to clarify. Haha! Crazy stuff man, killing someone and becoming a mother... all in 24 hours! I still feel like it's a dream, but I am excited for this new crazy adventure and know that the Lord will be with me every step of the way! WOOHOO BEAN CHANNNN! 

Yoshioka Shimai and Shae with the elders and new investigators.
Other than that crazy bit of news, this week was amazing! We saw so many miracles. This past Sunday one of the members who we meet with often brought her friend to church! We got to talk and she was wayyy interested. She stayed through all of church and then while we were there, 2 people who just saw the church came in. Long story short, Yoshioka 姉妹 and I, along with the elders, went into a room and did a huge lesson with the 3 about the restoration. The 2 girls there became new investigators for us and the man became the elders' new investigator. The spirit was so strong and the two girls there said that they really felt something. BUT WAIT. THE MIRACLES DON'T END THERE. The next day, we went to visit one of them and she said she wanted her mom to learn about what we teach as well. Three new investigators who are sooooo prepared! I am soooooo excited to work with them! 

There is nothing like wearing this name tag telling people that what we teach about can change their lives. It's true. I thought I knew it before, but every day my testimony grows so much stronger! I love this work, I love my Father in Heaven who I know answers our prayers, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve here in Japan. Transfer 3.... Here we gooooo! 頑張りましょ!

Xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun facts:

- In Japan their tables here in the winter are heated. You put your legs under and next thing you know you're in heaven, sooooo warm. THEY ARE LIFE CHANGING I'M TELLING YOU. A definite need in #merica

-Everyone here looks soooooo young. It's nuts. One girl told me she was 40 and straight up I was convinced she was 25. NO JOKE. They are so blessed haha! Its insaneeeee and they all think Americans look so old.


Shae's "oh" hairs are still a thing in Japan. :) She cracks me up!
(The "oh" hairs are the little ones that won't stay down, no matter what.)
Sister Mod and Sister Wootan with Natori san.


Still not a robot....yet.
Honor your parents day. #LIGHTtheWORLD

I have no idea what this is, but it must be important. Haha!
Acting out the nativity for Chinese FHE. Love the costumes!

No comments:

Post a Comment