Tuesday, December 20, 2016

It's Christmas?

MERRY ALMOST CHRISTMAS!

I honestly can't even believe it's already Christmas... like wut. I swear it was summer like yesterday! We have been getting so excited and it's been so cool to be able to explain to people what Christmas really is. I would say the majority of people here don't really know anything about it. It blows my mind! I definitely appreciate Christmas a whole lot more this year. It's sooooooo fun to teach people about! 

This week was amazing. This past Thursday was honestly probably one of the most special experiences of my life. Takayanagi 姉妹 went through the temple!! *crowd goes wild* We were lucky enough to get permission to go with her. To say that I was a mess would be an understatement. When I saw her in the temple, dressed in white, I was just overcome with the spirit, love, gratitude towards my Heavenly Father for letting me be here to work with her, and just all sorts of emotions. She sat next to me and
Sister Takayanagi going through the temple.
held my hand as I cried, and it just felt like heaven. It's people like her that make me so glad I came on a mission. I still get butterflies thinking about the experience. Definitely something I will remember for the rest of my life. SO AMAZING!

 Life is so so good. Our investigators are doing amazing and Sister Ohki and I are having a blasttttt. One of our investigators after Eikaiwa (English class) this past week came up to me and said that she had begun to read the Book of Mormon! She had never even seen scriptures before we gave her the Book of Mormon, but she said when she read it she felt lively and refreshed. Coolest way to describe the spirit ever! She then proceeded to ask me what baptism is and tell me that she is loving and feeling the power of what we have been teaching her and wants to know more. She said before meeting us she didn't believe in God, but because of our joy she is beginning to think He really might exist. I KNOW RIGHT? BEING A MISSIONARY IS JUST THE COOLEST. There are miracles every day and I just love every second!

Also, P.S. My family has now tried Black Thunder, so if you need a second witness that they are life changing, feel free to ask them;) 

I hope everyone has the best Christmas season ever! Christmas in Japan is soooo different.. I'll explain more next week.. stay tuned;)  (@the 5 people who even read my emails anymore 😂) But anyyyywayyyyssss, it is seriously the best. I love this cute little place that I now call home. MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

SAY YOUR PRAYERS

xoxox

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun facts:
- Everyone here is so good at cooking. One of our investigators had us over for lunch yesterday and made us tempura. No joke. Best food I've ever had in my life. I almost fell out of my chair. #japan4thewin 

-There are always 38449484 people shoved on the trains, but legit no joke, they are silent. You could drop a pin and hear it. So ya.... being a missionary is the best. We're "those" Americans ;)

Shae with Takayanagi Shimai (one of her favorite people). :)


Okayyyyyyyyy..... wut.
With her district at the temple.
Tokyo temple spire.
Sister Phelps and Shae. They have been good friends since before their missions.



Sister Selfie.


No comments:

Post a Comment