Monday, December 12, 2016

New trainee and new MIRACLES

Modersitzki Shimai with her new companion, Ohki Shimai.
HEYYYOOOO!

BIG NEWS. It's been almost a week since picking up my bean chan (trainee) and I have yet to kill us both! #score! I said goodbye to my lovely trainer, Sister Wootan, earlier this week. That was a sad moment, but I am so grateful to have been able to work with her! I had a day of "doki dendo" where I worked with my MTC companion, Sister Villanueva, and then it was off to pick up my new child! I LOVEEEE my new companion. Her name is Sister Ohki and she is from Hawaii! She is SO COOL and was ready to work from day 1, so we got right to it. She works sooooo hard and I love it. Let's just say I am sooooo excited for this transfer. SHE'S THE BEST! Being a trainer is a whole different ball game, but it's such a blast! Also, God is so merciful, because through Him I am now speaking Japanese like I didn't know I could. He truly never leaves us behind! 
Shae was so sad to see Wootan Shimai go.
With their bikes lovingly named Tiffany and Brittney. Oh my. Hahaha!
This week we saw crazy miracles. One still literally blows my mind. It was Sister Ohki and I's second day working together and we were walking to go buy her a bike... (also we got matching bikes named Tiffany and Brittney, so ya #bffgoalz;) Wellllllll anyways, we stopped this lady on the street and started talking to her! When she found out Sister Ohki was from Hawaii she literally lost her mind. Right then and there she invited us to her house. OKAY, LIKE WHAT? THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. THAT'S LIKE UNHEARD OF. We of course accepted and walked with our new friend home (the more I think about it the more I realize how creepy that is, just randomly meeting someone on the street and going home with them, hahahaha 😂 but hey... missionary... soooo WE WERE PUMPED). Next thing we knew we were teaching our new friend the restoration. She had lots of questions about prayer and she said we could come back next week because she wants to feed us, bring her friend, and all hula dance together. Haha! We walked out of her house literally with our jaws on the floor. MIRACLESSSSS! 

This area is seriously exploding. I am SO SO SO lucky to be serving here.  I am officially one of those missionaries obessed with their missions. This place is the best and I love everything about it. Honestly considering asking President if I can stay in this area for the rest of my mission! Lol.

SAY YOUR PRAYERS PEOPLE

xoxox

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun facts:

-Hair salons. Legit every other store. I am still shocked they are all in business. Literally SO MANY.

-Politeness levels. Japanese is like 4 different languages because depending on who you talk to, their age, your status, your friendship level, the place you're at, etc, you use different words and conjugations. It's a reallllll fun time. Also Japanese is the funnest language to speak in the whole world. Like it's legit fun. #whoamI
...................................................................................................

I got this picture off of Villanueva Shimai's blog. It made me laugh so hard that I just had to copy it and paste it here with her caption. I loved it.
"Can you spot Modersitzki?"
Sister Mod and Sister Villanueva together again, just for the day. 


Last time together. Shae will miss her!
These two don't want to leave each other!
Shae's view of Mt. Fuji that she gets to see every single day.

The training sisters for this transfer: Mod, Shoji and Fossa
With Sister Ohki and President and Sister Nagano, their amazing mission
president and his wonderful wife.
All of the greenies straight from the MTC and their trainers.

No comments:

Post a Comment