Monday, February 6, 2017

BAPTISMAL DATESSSSSSSSSS

KONNICHIWAAAAA

Ok. Wow. This week. SO MUCH TO TALK ABOUT. WHERE DO I EVEN START?!? I think first things first. We had a lesson with Maki this week and SHE SET A BAPTISMAL DATE. And not just that, she invited her 11-year-old son, Kazuki, to be baptized with her! WHATTTT. My mind is still blown. She is SO excited about baptism and it has been so cool to see the light come out from within her. The day before we set a date with Maki, we had interviews with President Nagano. He is just so wise. Welllll, let's just say my entire interview was about Maki. At one point of the interview he asked me, "So Sister Modersitzki, have you figured out why you were sent here yet?" When I replied saying Maki, he said he completely agreed. She is such a special one to me. He then told me that because I had been in this area for 4 transfers now it was almost guaranteed that I would transfer in 4 weeks. That broke my heart, but he told me that if Maki was progressing as much as we said she was, she could totally be baptized before then. The very next day, we had the lesson with her, and when I told Maki that I would probably be leaving, she began to cry. The spirit was so so so strong and as we were both in tears we invited her to be baptized. It makes me tear up just thinking about it.... But through her tears, she looked at me and simply said, "やりましょう.”, or in other words, "Let's do it." Maki will be baptized on February 26th, the day before transfers.... This is a tender mercy that I will legitimately be grateful for the rest of my life. The opportunity to be here for her baptism is a privilege and I could not be happier. SOOOOO EXCITING! Her heart has been changed and she has the purest desire. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYYYYY (!!!!!!!)

Doing the English challenge.
Other than that this week has been great. We did a fun English game/challenge in the middle of a super busy street which was a blast. Our mission has been pushing for creativity lately, so let's just say I am on cloud 9. MISSIONS ARE THE BEST!

Thank you for all the love and support!

SAY YOUR PRAYERS

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun facts:

-EVERYONE backs in when they park their cars... It's incredible. There is no room for anything in this country, yet somehow they all manage to fit themselves backwards... what.
-Japanese people are legit the most polite in the world. There are different words and phrases that you have to say depending on who you are talking to, their rank of authority, and your relationship. It's crazyyyy! But seriously, they are so so so
I love seeing how happy she is!
nice!










-Wearing kimonos in downtown Kawagoe (please enjoy the fur, and the staring grandma)
-Kiyomi 姉妹 aka our 3rd companion <333
(s/o to her for dressing us in kimonos today)
Maki committing to stop smoking. :)
Out doing missionary work with Kiyomi Shimai (a member). She's fantastic!

-"oh" ft. onion

No comments:

Post a Comment