Monday, February 20, 2017

By the way... I live on an island

No joke when I say we eat sushi practically every other meal <3.
Also, it's cheeaaaappp #blessingsoflivingin日本
Heyyyoooo!
 
Another week and I am already emailing again?! BYEEEEE. Okay, well first of all, let's just take a moment and do a little throwback real quick..... I OPENED MY MISSION CALL A YEAR AGO TODAY. WHAAAAAAAAAAAT. Literally didn't even realize it. Next thing we know we're going to be throwing my 40th birthday party? :') WHAT IS TIME.

This week, as always, was just the best. All week all I could think about was how lucky I am to be here working with my best friend companion, with my best friend investigator, an amazing district, in the best wards, the nicest people, the best food, on an island? Yep. Still throws me off that I live on an island.... Every few days Sister Ohki and I have to remind each other lol. But annnnnyyyyyyways. Ya. Just feeling super super grateful! There is a good chance that this week will be my last week here because I have been here for 4 transfers which makes me so so sooooo sad, but it's really been the biggest blessing to be here! *hint hint: send prayers that a. I don't transfer, and b. Sister Ohki and I can stay comps for the rest of our missions, thx*

Maki update of the week! She is doing sooooooo good! In fact SHE QUIT TOBACCO!!! WOOOOOOOOO! We basically live at her house we are there so much, but it is so fun and she is getting soooo excited for baptism! In fact today she started filling out the forms and planning her own baptismal program. #CUTE. We are praying soooo hard that she will be able to get baptized this weekend. I can't believe it's actually here! 

Life is more than good. Every day I am learning so much and I love the gospel more and more each day. THE CHURCH IS WAYYYY TOO TRUE. I'M SERIOUS. I can't believe that I get to share this message every day... So amazing. God is sooo real, Jesus Christ really did atone for our sins, and I LOVE THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS! 

SAY YOUR PRAYERS

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

PS. So so sorry I could not respond to like anyone today. It was crazyyyyy. I PROMISE I will respond!! ごめんね~!

Fun facts: 
-Train stations. We live at these places. You base everything off of the nearest station. Also, they have fake rain forest and bird sounds that play in them while you wait for your train. Lol. Soothing am I right? 


Mission school with the homies.
Maki says that Akari is literally turning into us. Today she even said "Let's goooo!"
Kids English class! Soooooo fun. Also, for all those who are wondering why
Elder Morris is wearing a nice paisley scarf, we taught weather so it was cold...
in the room... Hence the snow... on the ground... duh ;) 
I'm going to guess that they're teaching about animals. :)
Sushi making?
The cream puffs make an appearance. AGAIN! Haha!

Clearly she is still the same old Shae in a lot of ways. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment