Monday, February 27, 2017

BAPTISMS anddddd transfer calls

Konnichiwaaaaa!

This week. WOW. What a week. For starters... MAKI AND KAZUKI GOT BAPTIZED! *crowd goes wild* Legit best day of my entire life. I was allllll smiles.... well... and tears;) I don't think words can really even describe how I feel... Soooo... I will use my lovely companion's words. Now let's turn it over to Ohki 姉妹. "It is hard to describe the absolute joy I felt watching Maki make her first covenant with her Father in Heaven and then seeing her watch her son enter the waters of baptism right after. Maki looked so full of light and joy and after we all just cried together. The Spirit was craazzyyyyy strong. It has definitely not been an easy road for Maki, but she has witnessed so many miracles along the way and now her posterity will be blessed for generations to come. Her children and their children and all of the Tanakas from here on out will have the opportunity to be raised in the gospel, knowing about their Father in Heaven, His plan and how to get back to Him one day. I have a testimony that God lives and that He knows and loves each of His children. He is aware of our unique situations and does everything He can for us to come back to Him. He wants us to be happy, and that path of true, lasting happiness begins with coming unto Him!" See? Her wording... Beautiful. ;) But really, it was such a special day. One I know I will never ever forget. We will be friends for eternity and that is so special to me. I feel so so blessed to be here for Maki's and Kazuki's baptisms and know that I truly needed to meet the Tanakas. They have changed my life and being a part of their journey has been a privilege! :)

So the day after the baptisms we received our transfer calls and on another huge note.... I am officially leaving my bean area... I am seriously heartbroken but excited for my next adventure! I will next be going toooooooooooo..... NIIGATA. WHAT. I know that means absolutely nothing to all of you in America. But here? That's huge. Niigata is the very north of my mission, right on the ocean. It is countryside and known for being freaaaaakishly cold *aka send prayers*. Kind of one of those places in Japan that when you tell people you're going there, their eyes get really big and they go WHATTTTT? Ya. I am excited. Haha! The church is fairly new there as well so it really is going to be sooooo different from my first area! I will be a Sister Training Leader with Sister Domino. I have heard sooooo many good things about her and can't wait to work with her! LET'S GO NIIGATAAAAA.

Although I am really excited for what these next few months have in store for me, I am soooooo sad to be leaving. ESPECIALLY leaving Sister Ohki. She actually will be training this next transfer which is so so crazy and exciting! When President Nagano called us this morning he was like, "Mod Shimai you get to meet your granddaughter already!" WOOOOHOOOO! I am so so excited for her. She is going to KILL it. (tbh a little jealous of her next companion)  We are heartbroken to be leaving each other. She has become my absolute best friend and working with her every day was soooo fun. I swear we both have 6 packs now from laughing so hard all the time. I will miss her sooooo much! Missions are cool. They give you a chance to meet your best friends and learn more about your Savior Jesus Christ. What more could you ask for? I hate to say it everyone, but your favorite cream puff lovin' companionship has come to an end.... Stay tuned though because coming Fall 2018 we will be back at the Y together as roommates eating all the cream puffs you could ever imagine. ;)

CHURCH IS SO TRUE I PROMISE YOU!

xoxox

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun facts:
"Scary Barbie hits Japan"
-JAPAN HAS THE CREEPIEST PHOTO BOOTHS ON THE PLANET. THEY MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE YOUR EYES ARE THE SIZE OF MARS. We went to one with our friend Elen that we met this week and I am convinced the booth turned me into a Barbie..... But.... Nihonjin love them... Stay tuned for pics;)








Akari chan aka my little sister. She skypes us all the time
to ask if we can hang out. SO CUTE!




Adorable!
Twinning is winning!




More baptism pictures:






The crew (Kimora family, Takara family. The friends who introduced
Maki to the gospel.))

No comments:

Post a Comment