Monday, March 6, 2017

What's Niigata?

Sister Domino (Shae's new companion) & Shae!
Hellloooooo!

Well. I did it. I am alive and in Niigata! (Well technically not really.. I am currently on the shinkansen... aka the bullet train... aka basically an airplane on the ground... heading back to Tokyo for MLC... It's basically every missionary's dream to ride the shinkansen, but it is like never that they get the opportunity..  So ya. We are feeling pretty cool... #blessed ;)  Let's just hit the basics for this week because it was insaneeeee! 

Let's just say Monday and Tuesday were like the saddest days of my entire life. I had to say bye to all of my best friends and it was really hard. I loveddddd Kawagoe and Sakado with my whole heart and it was really sad to leave... but in the words of President Nagano on my phone call, "All good things have to end sometime..." :( Early Wednesday morning Sister Ohki and I
Last night in Kawagoe with all my best friends. :'(
went to the mission home so she could pick up her BEAN! She is training a cute little Japanese sister and it was so fun to be there for that. But next thing I knew I was on a 5 hour bus ride across the legit country to Niigata. It was crazy. In just a small time I went from seeing hugeeee buildings and people everywhere to rice fields and a tonnnnn of snow. Welcome to Niigata prefecture;) Luckily the snow is melted where I live but WOWZA it is cold. We are right on the ocean so the wind is way strong too! I have decided I will never know what warm is again lol.

These two even got matching planners. #goals
My companion on the other hand is the warmest cutest thing ever. Her name is Sister Domino and she is a fireball. So crazy and fun and loving. I LOVE HER. She has been a Sister Training Leader for 5 transfers now in Niigata so ya. Let's just say she knows her stuff! Our area doesn't have a ward, just a branch. Definitely wayyyy different from my last area and it will take some time to get used to, but Sister Domino is obsessed with Niigata so I am hoping some of it rubs off on me! :)

Life is crazy so far as an STL. We are in meetings and on phone calls and planning like all day every day. It's way overwhelming at the start, but it's wayyy fun. I am grateful for the new opportunity! Also, the sisters I get to work with are the bestttt so ya you could say I'm lucky! 

Life is good! Church is true! 

SAY YOUR PRAYERS PEOPLE 

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun facts: 
- Niigata is famous for having the best rice in all of Japan soooo aka all the world. So ya. Call me the rice queen. I'm living the life out here lol.


The first thing I noticed is that she wasn't too tall to fit in the "I"! Yay!
Cute Erina chan from the branch.
When it feels like your birthday because Shinkansen!
(featuring old grandpa in the window)
Can you tell these two are a little excited about riding the Shinkansen? :)
Apparently this is a really big deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment