Tuesday, February 14, 2017

JOY!


Heyyyyyooooo!


As always, this week was crazyyyyy but I wouldn't have had it any other way! Let's just name a few highlights of the week.

1. MAKI AND THE KIDS ALL CAME TO CHURCH! Sister Ohki and I went over in the morning before church and then all 5 of us biked to church together #goalz. It was suchhhhh a happy day. The ward is soooo welcoming too and everyone is PUMPED about her baptism...... which brings us to our next point!

2. KAZUKI IS GETTING BAPTIZED! You heard it heard here first folks. 11-year-old Kazuki is getting baptized with his mom! He called his grandma yesterday and told her the news.. even though he is still way casual about it with us and pretends like it's no big deal... ;) #tweensamiright. The elders are now teaching him so he thinks he's wayyyy cool. Lol. Sister Ohki and I could not be more excited. At the beginning of this transfer we were setting goals and we both talked about how amazing it would be to see a family get baptized. The amount of happiness that I have because the Tanakas will be baptized together is more than a 4-year-old at Disneyland.. with ice cream... and a new car....
When Satan is mad that the Tanakas are getting baptized and sends a
hurricane real quick but you just take it and roll with it. ;)

3. ALLLLSSSSSOOOOO..... MAKI CAME TO THE TEMPLE WITH US TODAY!! She is so excited to be able to go in one day and was sooooo happy! We went with Kiyomi 姉妹 and practically spent the day together! My best friends all at my favorite place. It was a super special moment to be able to tell and testify to Maki all about the temple, at the temple, because for those who know me well you know that the temple is probably my favorite thing in this entire world. So so so so so so so happy. 

So yes. Overall, my life is amazing. I am so lucky and cannot thank God enough for allowing me to come on my mission to Japan and have the opportunity to work with my eternal friends. THE CHURCH IS SOOOOO TRUE. 

SAY YOUR PRAYERS EVERYBODY

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun facts:
- Last week I talked about how polite people are here... Well, to add to that there is a phrase that everyone uses, 失礼します, which literally translates to "I am rude." You say this whenever you hang up the phone, when you get out of a train, all sorts of things. Just imagine ending a phone call... "Okay, talk to you laterrrrrr byeeeee I'm rude!" Lol. #japanese

When you get on a train and it's a rapid so you miss your stop and take
an extra 40 minutes to get to zone mtg #nice
I call this one... joy
When Sister Ohki gets real artsy ft. pigeons

The missionaries learning kendo (Japanese swordsmanship). How cool is this?
Heading to church!
I'm not sure what is going on here exactly, but I'm going to go out
on a limb and say it involves food of some kind. Haha!

Having fun with Akari chan. 
Future missionary. She is adorable!
Great day at the temple. So so so so happy!
And one last picture, because this is sooooo Shae:

"Oh" ft. bird

No comments:

Post a Comment