Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Week 7... Am I a native yet?

Shae is ready for all things Japanese!
こんにちわ!!

So these emails are getting harder to write the longer I am in the MTC because SURPRISE! It is week 7 and I am still doing the exact same things I have been doing since week one! Lol. I don't really know what to write about anymore... Buttttt life is still good so here we go! 

Some of you know already, but my best friend, Savannah Murdock, entered the MTC 2 weeks ago. We see each other allll the time and it is really fun! Everyone says we look alike... Like what. BUT to make things even better, not only do we apparently look alike but we are legit twins. We have accidentally worn the same outfit twice now. Like not just like matching colors, but like the EXACT SAME DRESSES. It's honestly out of control. Great minds think alike right? ;)


We had our first Skype TRC with an actual Nihonjin (Japanese Native) this week! (For those of you who don't know, TRC is where you have lessons with members). We skyped the cutest little grandma from Japan. Not gonna lie I was freaaaaakkking out. So so nervous. During the call I felt like I couldn't speak anything, but it's okay... We were able to get our message across and she said she was feeling the spirit so that's good! Speaking a language is sometimes frustrating when you are not able to say exactly what you want to say, but in all reality it is the Spirit who is speaking anyways, so it all works out:) I can't believe that in 11 days I won't have to be skyping these Nihonjin, but I will actually be able to talk to them face to face........ IN JAPAN. Still blows my mind but I am so so SO excited!

Speaking of Nihonjin, there are three sisters here from Japan! (well, one from Korea but she is fluent in Japanese too.... YA I KNOW LIKE BYE) We have become such good friends and I love them! I JUST LOVE JAPANESE PEOPLE WITH MY WHOLE HEART! We chit chat all the time and it's so fun. Yesterday during choir practice, we were talking in Japanese and everyone around us was looking at me like "wait YOU can speak this...? " Lol. Still gets people. Tall and blonde... they never expect it. *insert smolder emoji* They tell me I have golden hair and always give me hugs. I think I want to steal them and take them home with me. I love them so much. I taught them how to say faith yesterday. The "th" sound is not a thing in Japanese so it was really really fun. They always ask me how to say words in English and I always ask for Japanese, so it works:)

The mission is hard. Like really hard. But it is so so good. I am so grateful to be here and feel so lucky to be able to go to Japan on my mission! I am learning and growing so much and I know this is exactly where I need to be. 
THE CHURCH IS TRUE
愛しています
xoxo
Modersitzki 姉妹






Shae saw Alex & McKay, two of her roommates from freshman year!
You've gotta love the chopsticks in the buns!




"Sick selfie with our new STL flip phone"

No comments:

Post a Comment