Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Last email from America..... WUT

Shae's official Japanese name tag! How cool is this?
Helllllooooo everyone!

It has been a fantastic week. We are officially the oldest group at the MTC because guess what. WE LEAVE ON MONDAYYY. I know! I can't believe it either! I have loved the MTC and will miss all the amazing people I have met, but I am so so so excited. I'M ACTUALLY MOVING TO JAPAN. *passes out*

This week was kind of funny. My district got asked to basically be actors for all the new missionaries who came in on Wednesday... We were told we were going to start a lesson with an investigator in front of a bunch of people. I wasn't too worried about it. The first one went great and we did everything we were supposed to... The second one though. Oh wowza. Haha so back story-- they told us that the "investigators" were planning on us so we should just introduce ourselves and ask to go in. So of course that is exactly what we did... And when we asked to go in she just stared at us and said "Uh why." YIKES. SO AWKWARD. We had to do a quick on the spot door approach in English which was weird because I am so not used to that anymore. It worked out fine but wow, we looked like complete idiots. Hahah it was kind of hilarious.

Dalziel Shimai's mom sent us roommates some funny matching shirts this week. They read, "I know karate, sushi, and a bunch of other Japanese words." So awesome. That's about how I feel. I know a bunch of random words and can somehow teach the gospel of Jesus Christ. So cool lol. I think my favorite word I have learned so far would have to be だいこん(daikon). It means giant radish. I learned it like my second day here and I am still not sure why I remember it.... Or why I even learned it in the first place;) But hey, one day that is going to come in handy... MARK MY WORDSSSS.

We had a devotional with D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles. It was sooooooo good. He's the third apostle I have seen at my time here... 9 weeks has its perks huh?;) But it really was such a good devotional. He talked about repentance and trust. At the end he said something that really stuck out to me. He said, "Yes, God loves everyone, but that does not mean he trusts everyone." I loved this. I want to be the type of missionary, and really the type of person, that God knows He can trust. I am working to become better every day so that God can rely on and trust me.

What you do when you're known as T-Swift and Selena Gomez. Haha!
Being a missionary is the coolest. I have seen myself grow in ways I didn't think possible. I have loved all the amazing people I have met. I already miss my companion even though she is 2 inches away from me. Lol. I feel so blessed to have had her the past 9 weeks! We have had so so so much fun together. 

Thank you all again for all the support and love! Till next week! TALK TO YOU WHEN I'M IN JAPANNNNNNN. AH.

愛してます

xoxoxo
Modersitzki 姉妹


LOOK WHO SAW EACH OTHER AT THE MTC?! Shae's sister, Erin, was volunteering at the MTC and these two found each other! HAPPY DAY!!
Flight plans!!!

With Kema Shimai, aka her "spirit animal"

Shae with President and Sister Stevenson


Nihonjin (Japanese natives). Cutest girls!

I'm guessing Red Day? ;)

With Talmage Gunther (another friend from Lone Peak).

Cute missionaries at a Japanese devotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment