Monday, September 19, 2016

Coming at you LIVE FROM JAPANNNNN

Shae with her cute companion, Wootan Shimai,
and President and Sister Nagano.
You heard me folks. I'm very much alive and LOVING Japan. This week was honestly insane and there's so much I could write about, butttttt we will just start with some fun things that happened this week!

My last night at the MTC last Sunday was great. Elder M. Russell Ballard came to speak to us. So awesome. It was super sad to say bye to all my friends at the MTC and I miss everyone a lot. (There's your shout out guys, you're welcome;) We had a lovely 12 hour flight to Japan on which I was able to place my first Book of Mormon! I'm a real missionary... say WHAT.

We landed and the fun began.... First things first. There was something wrong while in customs, so me and 4 other missionaries were stuck there for about 2 hours... we had no idea what anyone was saying, so that was fun. Finally they let us into the country. SUCCESS. We met our mission president who is legit the nicest man everrrrr. I love him. We spent the night at the mission home and I got to see Elder Ben Clark, who is now an AP, and Sister AJ Call, both friends from high school! That was a funnnn reunion:) I got my trainer, Wootan 姉妹 who is so so sweet. She's such a good missionary and has taught me so much already! She is on her second to last transfer so she's got this whole mission thing down. It's way nice. Also, it's hilarious. She is 4'11" and I'm 5'11". HAHAHAHA I KNOW. We died too. God definitely has a sense of humor;)
High school "reunion" with Sister AJ Call and Elder Ben Clark!
Tall girl problems. :)
I am serving in.... *drum roll please* KAWAGOE AND SAKADO! We are white-washing which means there hasn't been sisters here, so there's been a lot to do LOL. We got a brand new apartment which is so, so nice, but we have had to move everything in and get everything fixed.. which included no hot water and stove for a couple of days. Ah memories;) Also, because we have 2 areas, we actually go separately to church. I'VE BEEN HERE FOR A WEEK AND I ALREADY HAVE TO BE ABLE TO EXIST ON MY OWN. Talk about BYE. I'll be honest, I am pretty stressed, but it will be okay. God will help me:) We got to go to church together yesterday because it was my first time and I wanted to see how a Japanese ward ran before I could do it on my own haha. I had to speak which was an adventure. The people are soooooo nice though, so it was good!

Now for the real fun stuff. I got WRECKED on my bike this week. My bike lock was falling out of my basket and as I reached to grab it..... BOOM. FENCE. Hahahah it was hilarious. 😂 It was bad enough that they wanted to take me to the hospital.... butttttt I've gotten out of that one so far;) Literally my second day on a bike.... bless the world HAHA. 



Still not dramatic, in case you were wondering ;)
Scene of the accident.
Also, we have some new investigators that we found! In fact, the very first lesson I was in our investigator accepted the invitation to be baptized! Like whatttttt! BEING A MISSIONARY IS SO COOL! We have seen so many miracles since being here. I am so lucky to be in such an amazing area doing such an amazing work! 

Japanese fun facts:

1. JAPAN IS STRAIGHT UP ALICE IN WONDERLAND. Everything is bright and colorful and the bushes are all cut into shapes, and everything.... I mean EVERYTHING plays music. Garbage trucks, our rice cooker, the ATM, everything. I feel like I am walking around in a cartoon.. lol. There is a song that comes on every day at 5 pm telling all the kids to go home and be safe. I seriously died, it was so cute.

2. I have never met nicer people in my life. Everyone alwaysssss compliments our Japanese even when we know it's straight trash, lol. One time I said konnichiwa to someone and they were like WOAH YOUR JAPANESE IS SO GOOD. I literally said hi. Hahahah they are just too nice.

3. We teach English class every week and it is a blast. We also have ping pong nights once a week... Japanese people's English may not be very good sometimes, but their ping pong skills? WOWZA. If anyone wants to start a waiting list for people who want to play me when I get home I will gladly accept. I am terrible now, but I have a bit of time to practice;)

I'm sorry if I can't respond to everyone's emails this week. I will respond as soon as I can! We don't have a ton of time, but thank you for all the love and support! I loveeeeee getting emails from home. It makes the hard times a little easier knowing how much love and support I have. So thank you from the bottom of my heart. It's amazing to be a missionary and to see that the church is the same no matter where we are. Much love!

Xoxox

Modersitzki 姉妹

They made it! Shae & Sister Villanueva at the mission home.
There are no words. :)

When you're even taller than the sign.
Shae LOVES the food in Japan! Everything is so fresh and delicious.


All of the new missionaries this transfer.
Mod Shimai's first zone in Japan.

That helmet though!
In her first week in Japan she saw about 10 minutes of sunshine. It's RAINY there!
With Sister and President Nagano.

No comments:

Post a Comment