Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Fame and Fortune

Helllloooo!

Well to start off, I hit my halfway mark of the MTC this week.... Um OKAY BYE I GOT HERE YESTERDAY! Soooo crazy but I still love the MTC so that's good! :) Also. Remember in my last email when I said if the MTC had Chick Fil A it would be paradise? YA WELL THE CHURCH IS TRUE. We had Chick Fil A for dinner on Monday and I don't think I can fully describe the joy that was felt. #shukufuku (still waiting for that to become a trend, lol)

This week was amazing though! We had two devotionals, one by Matthew Holland, and the other by Elder Neil L. Andersen! Gah! The spirit at both devotionals was so strong and I learned so much! I am so grateful for the opportunities I have to hear from all of these amazing speakers. It makes being here for 9 weeks not so bad at all! :)

My comp and I are in the choir, and at both devotionals I got put on the big screen. At the Sunday devotional, IT ZOOMED ON MY FACE FOR 10 STRAIGHT SECONDS. 10 WHOLE SECONDS. Yikes. Everyone and their DOG kept coming up to me and telling me I was famous. But it didn't end there. At the Tuesday night devotional we were broadcasted to all the different MTCs around the world. At this one I got another lovely zoom from both the side and front angles... So basically I am famous now around the MTC, so that is a fun thing. So so funny though. 

Why do they never have any fun? Haha!
The language is going well. For example, this week during our lesson I was trying to teach our investigator about baptism. I meant to tell her that I was baptized when I was 8 years old; but instead, I told her I was 8 people. HAHAHAH. So awesome. We all laughed about it forever after we realized what I had said. I'm telling ya. Learning a language is the funnest adventure. Lessons are getting better and better and we have started to not use our notes anymore. It's so crazy how fast you can learn languages with God on your side! I'm not saying I am anywhere nearrrr perfect, but it has been a really cool experience to be able to learn and grow from learning Japanese. 

Thank you for all the letters, emails, and packages. They all mean so much to me. I love being a missionary. I love it so so much. The friends I have made here are some that I know I will have for the rest of my life. I know that Tokyo is the perfect mission for me and I cannot wait to get out and serve the people of Japan! 




MUCH LOVE AT ALL OF YOU 

Heian soto minasan! (Peace out everyone!)

xoxoxo

Modersitzki Shimai 

Sister V, Shae, Parker Eastwood (friend from home) & his companion
Shae & Tara Stringham (another friend from home). The MTC is full of friends!

The girls with Shae's favorite teacher, Crandall Kyodai.




Wearing the mandatory mission shirt. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment