Wednesday, August 24, 2016

"Ai wa Doki"

Cutest missionaries in the MTC!
Konnichiwaaa! 

Well to start off I would like to wish a very Happy Birthday to my AMAAAAAAZING mother in 2 days! She is the absolute greatest and everyone should send her lots of love and lots of treats. ;) 

It has been another great week at the MTC! Sometimes I forget that I actually had a life before a mission. I feel like I was born and raised here tbh. Week 6 man... It gets to you. Only 3 more to go though and I am off to JAPAN!!!!! I also sometimes forget that I will actually leave the MTC... But I am so excited to get out and let the adventure begin!

This week the Dai Senpai left us.... Which means WE ARE THE OLDEST ONES HERE. I am officially a Dai Senpai which means I really need to know my stuff.... Shoot. Lol.  We get our new missionaries today and I am so excited! :) Villanueva Shimai and I got made Sister Training Leaders this week as well! That has been super fun! We only have now 9 Shimaitachi (Sisters) out of like 2389423784 Chorotachi (Elders) but hey we hold our ground! ;)

So..... Update on the T-Swift situation. It is absolutely out of control. I have now signed 3 napkins, 1 bye bye book, 1 planner, 1 package, and 1 ARM. A FREAKING ARM. YA. I still don't understand it, but it's whatever. So funny. My zone has gotten in on the joke so now they always talk about it... I don't think I will ever hear the end of it. An arm you guys. AN ARM. 

The goodbye fiesta for Crandall Kyodai. Why so serious, guys?
Anyyyways. This week we had to say bye to one of our Senseis, Crandall Kyodai, as he is leaving to go to an internship in Boston. He has been my favorite teacher here at the MTC and has been so helpful and inspiring, not to mention I think he is the funniest person I have ever met. It was a really hard day for all of us to say bye, but thanks to my mom we were able to have one last fiesta with him filled with chips, salsa, beans, queso, and most importantly... mustaches;) He was such an amazing teacher and I was so lucky to be able to learn from him! 

Like I mentioned, he is HILARIOUS, so we have been keeping a quote page of all of the funny as well as the profound things he says. We read them to him and asked him for one final quote. He told us "Ai wa Doki" which translates to "Love is the motive." I LOVED that. I have since made that my quote for my mission and have tried to apply that each and every day. Christ loved everyone, and as a representative of Him, it is my job to do the same.

Fun Japanese fact for the day. There isn't a word for ugly in Japanese... Well at least not that we have found yet... But we learned that "Minikui" directly translates to hard to look at.... So if you ever think something is ugly you literally say it is hard to look at. HAHA. My district has had some real fun with that one;)

This work is amazing. I love being a missionary. Although it is really hard, I feel the Lord with me every step of the way. D&C 84:88 has been my favorite scripture for a while and even more so as I am here doing His work. I LOVE THIS GOSPEL WITH MY WHOLE SOUL.

Much love,

Modersitzki 姉妹


Shae with Sister Kailee Kema, one of her very favorite people in the MTC.
So, um, distinguished.
Because I haven't posted a temple pic since......last week. ;)
Shae and Sister V.

V, Shae, Austin Bailey (friend from LPHS) & his companion.

Purple Thursday.

Shae with Papenfuss Shimai and To Shimai.
Good friend Hannah Elieson ran into Shae at the MTC and sent me this. I love surprise pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment