Wednesday, August 17, 2016

and let the fame continue......

Shae & her companion and their favorite kohi.
Konnichiwaaaaa!

I swear the weeks get shorter and shorter as the time goes by... I can't believe it is already pday

This week was another great one! It's hard to have a bad week as a missionary. There are bad moments... but no bad days and definitely no bad weeks. It is wayyyy too happy here to have bad weeks! 

So last week I talked about being famous because I got put on the screen all the time during choir performances... This week's fame comes in a different way. It came because according to the MTC, I am a Taylor Swift look-alike. Ever since I have gotten here, so many people have come up to me and told me that I looked like her... Uh what? My zone would always talk about it, but this week I had a funny experience with it. So picture this:
Here I am, casually eating my disgusting MTC food at dinner; pondering the beauty that is on my plate. Great imagery right? Next thing I know, a random Elder, who I have never seen before, taps me on the shoulder... "Uh, Hermana Swift?" He proceeds to explain that he is my biggest fan and has been to all of my concerts..... HAHA WHAT IS GOING ON. Then he asked me to sign his napkin. Ever since, there has not been a day that some random person doesn't yell SISTER SWIFT!!! It's hilarious. 

Funny language moment of the week:
 We were playing a game while trying to figure out certain grammar patterns. Basically we were trying to figure out how to say "I want to" when conjugating verbs. (YA I know it confuses me too, lol) Annnyyyways, we were pulling random nouns and verbs out of bags and then we had to put them together to make a sentence. The very first sentence went as follows:

Shimaitachi o tabetai to omoimasu.... Which directly translates to "I think I want to eat the sisters." 

uhhh thx elders how sweet.... LOL. I love Japanese with all of my heart. 

Another Japanese fun fact for the week:

Seitan (pronounced Satan): Scriptures
Satan: (pronounced Sahtan): Satan

also really fun to mix up..... :')

Speaking of the language, this week I had an amazing experience with the gift of tongues. I was feeling good about the language but I kept feeling like there was more I could do. I prayed to my Father in Heaven to help me be able to focus and be diligent in my studies so I could receive the gift of tongues. We had a lesson with a "less active" and during the lesson she asked me a super complex question... No joke, neither me nor my companion had one clue what she said... We had her repeat the question a few times and tried to find things on Google Translate, but no luck... I had a moment where I pled with my Heavenly Father and asked Him to help me. I was prompted to have her repeat the question one more time and as she did, I understood every single word and was able to answer her question with words I did not even know I knew. The Spirit was so strong and I was in awe.

Through this experience, I gained the strongest testimony that God is always looking out for His missionaries. He is looking out for all of His children. When we work hard and have faith, He will help us in our time of need.

Being a missionary is the absolute greatest and I feel so blessed to be able to have the opportunity to be out here. 

Sending prayers!

xoxox


Modersitzki Skimai

I don't even know what is going on here. But it seems to be a thing.....
Maybe it's time for a break??! hahaha!
Edit: I found out from her companion's blog that they wear these buckets so they can hear what they sound like. It's a way to help them learn the language better.
Shae's best friend, Savannah Murdock, came into the MTC today! Yay!!
So fun to see friends from our ward! Tanner Wakefield (blue sweater) left for Norway this week.
More friends from home! Kayla Yeck left for Germany this week too.
I told you she knows everyone in the MTC! Shae and Meghan Freeze used to be in the same ward together at home.




More friends from Lone Peak.

Their district.

I'm telling you. She really does know everyone.
Halfway done at the MTC deserves some peace signs!
And now, I'll leave you with some classic Shae Mod photos. I know you've been missing these. :) You're welcome.

Wut.

Tanner's face. Hahahahahaha!


I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment