Monday, November 27, 2017

this week i'm thankful for miracles

KONNICH.

First of all, HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Being completely honest, I totally forgot about Thanksgiving, but the members here sure didn't. We had 4 Thanksgivings.... in Japan. WUT. Seriously so blessed. I am so grateful to be a missionary right now. It's been an amazing experience that I will NEVER forget. So many things to be thankful for.

Soooooo.... I have 3 weeks left as a missionary. WHAT. This week officially started the lasts.... We had Tokyo Zone Conference and it was sooooo weird knowing that I would never have one again. President Nagano was going off about a bunch of new things are going to be happening in our mission and then kept teasing us who were going home. Let me just say..... IT'S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL YOU'RE THE ONE GOING HOME..... LIKE SERIOUSLY WHAT. Still cannot believe it.

Look! Another pic in front of a Japanese church (!!) 
This week was full of miracles though! The first, remember that guy who randomly walked up to me last week? Well, that happened again. With a different guy. IT WAS SO COOL. This time he came up and started talking to me and told me that once upon a time he had chatted with missionaries online. He met some in person a while ago but then just kind of lost contact. He wanted to meet and learn again so bad, and texted me later that night saying that he knew meeting me was a sign from God telling Him he needed to study again. WHAT? I KNOW. SERIOUSLY SO COOL. In our mission though sister missionaries can't teach males, soooooo ya. Let's just say the elders are more than happy with us at the moment. Hahahah! 

Another miracle is the sequel of Miki. Remember her? The Mission School student who watched part of General Conference with us and was way interested? Welllllllllll... We had a meeting with her this week and IT WAS SO COOL. She said that since getting to know us and talking to us she has developed a huge interest in God and in church. At one point she asked us how she could receive power from God. Yep. THESE PEOPLE ARE SO GOLDEN. We talked to her about prayer, scriptures, going to church, and baptism.. I had the opportunity to testify of the atonement and about the gift of the Holy Ghost and at the time I had the prompting to invite her to be baptized. I did.... anddddddddd she said YES! WOOOOOOOOO! It was a soft baptismal invitation, but she is now planning on seriously taking the lessons, coming to church, and doing everything with baptism as the goal! We hopefully will be able to set a date soon!

MIRACLES ARE OUT THERE. I love this work...... You wonder why I don't feel ready to come home......

THE CHURCH IS TRUE 

xoxo

Modersitzki姉妹

Fun fact: All trains before the doors shut play a little song, and at the Disneyland station it plays It's a Small World and Zip A Dee Doo Da! SO CUTE!

When Disney is casually 15 minutes from your house by bike.
Biggest ferris wheel in Japan with Anderson姉妹 doing this nice pose? Idk.
Tokyo Sisterzzzz
I would be lying if I said we weren't tempted.
District dinner at the Rainforest Café..... WIN
Ya know, just making junior high school friends on the side of the road. lol.





No comments:

Post a Comment