Monday, November 20, 2017

this one goes out to the #modsquad

Sister Robertson and Sister Mod
KONNICH.

This week was a fun one, as always. It became about -847831829347 degrees this past week and so while we are consistently freezing our behinds off, the Lord is still good and there are still many miracles to be seen! :) I had a few way cool experiences but one was a "never forget," so I wanted to share. If any of you know me, you know how much my family means to me. I loveeeee them and they seriously are my best friends in the world. 

Well, a few weeks ago after Eikaiwa, an Elder in my District gave this Eikaiwa student a copy of The Family, A Proclamation to The World. We asked her if we could talk to her about it and she said yes! We met up with her this week and as we began talking about it, we realized that this was going to be a special lesson. This student is soooooo darling and is so close to her family. Her husband passed away about 3 years ago and she opened up about how hard that was knowing she could never see him again. 

This is Shae's Grandpa Dave walking around
the property in Poland where his dad grew up.
Of course we testified about the Plan of Salvation and that she, in fact, could see her husband again. Her face lit up and she said, "If I could believe that I would be so happy."  WELL LUCKY FOR YOU SAMI. YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE. YOU CAN! We began teaching her and it was sooooo cool. Probably one of my favorite parts of the lesson was when I got a prompting to talk about my own family and experiences with knowing the plan was true. I pulled out a picture from when my family and I went to Poland to visit the place where my great grandfather lived. (s/o to you Modsquad;) Just a background for all of you who don't know my family history; my great grandfather was from Poland and came to the states around the time of World War 2. I didn't really know him, but everyone in my family talks so so highly of him. About 4 years ago, my family and I went to visit the place where he lived, and when we found it, of course there was no building structure, just a forest. We weren't sure if we were in the right place, but then out of LITERALLY NOWHERE a couple appeared from out of the trees. We asked them what had been here and they described exactly what we knew was my grandpa's property, and, in fact, after that we were able to find actual bricks from the house! The Spirit at that time was something I will never forget, in fact it brought everyone to tears. I felt my great grandfather at that time and KNEW that I would be able to meet him someday. 

I have always held that experience super close to my heart, and sharing it with Sami brought me to tears. I KNOW the Plan of Salvation is real and that families really can be together forever. Sami now gets the opportunity to learn about this AND to make things better, she wants to do Family History work as well! WOOOOOHOOOOO! :)))))))))

Also, this week a man walked up to me and said.... AND I QUOTE..... "Hey. I'm not Christian, but I read the Bible and go to church sometimes.... I don't really know what is right or what Christianity is though... Could you help me with that?" You heard me....... I'll just leave it at that. 

'Til next week....

SAY YOUR PRAYERS

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun fact: So you know how there are pizza delivery cars in America....? Well here...? BIKES. They literally ride bikes with food deliveries on the back... NICE.

Just ya know.... missionary-ing around Disney
YOGA CLASS with my favorite members EVER
(Shae has permission to teach yoga as a finding tool. Pretty cool!)
Eikaiwa peeps
Idk either.
MEXICAN FOOD IN JAPAN ROUND 2
Mai chan and Yuka chan. They always braid my hair. Bffs? Kind of.
Yay @pretty views.




Sushi bowl. One of Shae's favorite things.
Hair braiding. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment