Monday, November 13, 2017

"Wait.....how long will I be under water?"

The Scramble. Wooooooo!
HEYYYYYOOOOO!

Ya know, as much as I would like to start off with a nice introduction to this email, let's just get to the good stuff. How 'bout it? I'm too excited to not. Soooo...... LISTEN UP.

Remember last week how I talked about having that feeling to set a baptismal date with Momomi and then how my District Leader gave me a training on it the same day? Wellllllllllll........ Here's the sequel. 

MOMOMI ACCEPTED THE INVITATION TO BE BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I seriously could not be happier. This past week after English one day we were having a lesson with her and a member, and the time just felt sooooo right. We were in the middle of talking about the Book of Mormon when we decided to read Moroni 10:4-5 with her. We stopped, inserting her name into the scripture and the spirit was soooooooo strong. After we read it we asked her what it would mean to her if this were true.... She paused, waited for a second and then said, "I think I would come to believe in it all." Ah. We invited her to be baptized right then and she accepted! WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Mission School, aka a missionary's version of a Saturday night
party (Momomi is next to me).
She then began asking more and more questions about baptism. We showed her the video of Jesus Christ getting baptized, and as we watched, I just had a moment of pure happiness. THIS is the joy they talk about when they talk about the joy of the gospel. I was probably talking 83192783 miles an hour. I was so so excited. She is so so special to me and I am so excited for her. She came to church for the first time, and came to a ward party this week. The members are obsessed with her, and I am just that missionary whose cheeks hurt from smiling so much. SERIOUSLY LOVE HER. <333

Also, just so you can all appreciate how great of a human she is... This week in English Class I asked her to make a sentence using the word "gonna." Her sentence? "I'm gonna go to church!" OKAY HI! WHAT? HELLO GOLDEN HUMAN. Also, when we were talking about baptism probably my favorite question she asked was, "Wait.... how long am I going to be under water?" She then proceeded to flail her arms and pretend to drown. PEOPLE DO YOU SEE WHY I LOVE THIS HUMAN? SHE IS AMAZING. Soooo funny. 

I wish I had more time to explain and go more into detail, but let me just say that I love being a missionary. 

THE CHURCH IS TRUE

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun fact: The police cars here sing.......Like they sound like they're from Disney or something.... It's like Disney is down the street or something;)

District unity, am I right? (and yes, an elder actually said something
way funny just to get this reaction.... HAHAHA golden!)
Ready for winter. And to be featured on Monsters Inc. 3 (!!)
The only way to weekly plan. lol.
Frenzzzzzzz

Creme brûlée crepe. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shae,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog Helloooooo Tokyo has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 20 Tokyo Travel Blogs on the web.

    https://blog.feedspot.com/tokyo_travel_blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 20 Tokyo Travel Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

    Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.

    Best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete