Monday, October 30, 2017

Influenza shots and eternal bffs

Exchanges with WUNDO 姉妹 <333333
HEYYYOOOO!

K.... it's been a week? Wuuuuutttttt. Time needs to slow down. I CAN'T HANDLE THIS! This week was good and crazy busy as always. Plus... only one typhoon! YAYYYYYY! 🤘🤘🤘🤘 I am currently sitting in a doctor's office trying to get the flu shot... In Japanese. With no one in the doctor's office who speaks English... HAHA please just picture that for a second. It's so funny. Ya know, I really never thought I would be filling out doctor's office questionnaires in Japanese kanji but I mean hey.... bucket list right? ;)

The work is going well, we haven't stopped running and although my body might fall apart, and my bike is LITERALLY falling apart (lol the tire fell off twice this week), I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't even describe how much I love this area and these people. This week we had a couple of meetings with our investigator Momomi, and I realized I haven't written about her at all! SHE'S GOLDEN, soooo this one is dedicated to Momomiちゃん.

Ariha ちゃん (member across from me) and MOMOMIIIIIII
SOOOOOO YA. Momomi is 18 and the cutest person I have ever met in my life. Definitely one of those people I want to hang out with in the celestial kingdom... ;) She found us through her love for English. When I went to Eikaiwa for the very first time in Urayasu, she came for the first time as well because she found us online and came to check it out. Annnnndddddd, the rest is history. We have been teaching her and she is doing sooo well. She didn't believe in God at all but when we talked about the fact that he is our Heavenly Father and related it to Him being just like her dad, she had this moment of AHA. She has started praying and is feeling peace and love from her Heavenly Father who she is just realizing is there. It's amazing. She also is being fellowshipped by the ward sooo well, and AH it's just amazing. I loveeeee her. Once again. Eternal friends. (More updates coming soon.)

Before I came to Japan, everyone told me I would fall in love with the country. Well.... That's absolutely happened. But more than just the place itself, I mean don't get me wrong, I am absolutely obsessed and want to live here forever, but it's people like Momomi that are the reason I love it so much. I think I have found another of my friends and nothing makes me happier than showing her this gospel which brings me so so much happiness. ☀

THE CHURCH IS TRUE I PROMISE

xoxox

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun fact: Soooooo a lot of the Tokyo Olympics will be in my area.... we were biking around the other day and a member was showing us where each event was going to be held..... SOOOOOOO COOL. (For future reference.... I am FULLY planning on coming back for the Olympics, so if you wanna comeeeeeee..... hint hint;)

WE FOUND MEXICAN FOOD, LOOK! (This is a bigger deal than you all
know.... there is no such thing as Mexican food in Japan.)
Bff and mochi chocolate, aka heaven.
Takeshita Street (way famous street in Harajuku).
Another Takeshita Street picture. The missionaries are on the left-hand side of the sign! Fun!
Yes. This happened. I love Tokyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment