Monday, May 29, 2017

......... SANDY

HEYYYYYOOOO!

It's been another week here in Japan and I am still never wanting to go home so I guess you can take that as yes, this week was good. Haha!

For all of those who care.. Sumireko chan, who I talked about last week, has been sending me pictures of her favorite parts of the Book of Mormon. She's still fire. And I'm still obsessed with her. 

BUTTTTT

This week I want to introduce you to one of my other favorite people in the universe who is one of our investigators. Her name is Taguma, but she goes by SANDY. (@sandymod s/o to you). Lol. she is from Myanmar (but fluent in Japanese... nice) . Sandy is a legend. I don't know what else to say. She is a referral from a recent convert and is sooooo prepared. She tells us she thinks missionaries and members are so bright and sparkly and nice and she has suchhhhh strong desires to come unto Christ. That is one of my favorite things that people say here. The light of Christ is something they notice SO quickly. She is sooooo drawn to it too. Literally the other day we taught her more about how to pray and that night she sent us a Facebook message that was her prayer written out. TELL ME THAT ISN'T THE CUTEST THING EVER. She just wanted to show us that she did it. I died. She is so prepared and BEING A MISSIONARY IS JUST THE COOLEST THING EVER! I'M SERIOUS. We are hoping to be able to set a baptismal date with her pretty soon, so ya you could say I am way happy right now. WOO!

K now for the funny stuff. So at church last Sunday I complimented Sandy's two daughters' matching skirts... Well.... I show up at our lesson and did she buy us the same matching mini skirts in hot pink? Ya. And were they $100 dollars a piece? Ya. So do I now have a $100 dollar hot pink mini skirt sitting on my desk because I have no idea what to do with it? Maybe. Haha too nice for her own good. I love these people.

The church is way true you guys. I am serious. I know sometimes I just talk about the funny or the crazy stuff that happens, but I want you all to know how much I am grateful to be here. Not only is it a blast, but I have never felt so close to my Heavenly Father in my whole life. He knows each of us, individually. And I have come to know that more here than ever.

SAY YOUR PRAYERS

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun fact:
-The stoplights in Japan have blue instead of green... tbh it looks pretty green to me but, whenever the light turns green instead of saying, "It's green!" They say, "It's blue!" Lol what? Throws me off every time. 

Shinkansen (bullet train) because TOKYOOOOO
Ballet with my frenz
(Shae got special permission to teach a ballet class on her mission. Pretty cool!)
Today I made soap, so there's that.
Turns out the White House is actually in Tokyo. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment