Monday, May 8, 2017

weddings, tokyo, and MAKIIIIIII


WOWWOWOWOWOWOW HELLO. 

I could probably write about a 6-year-long email about all the things that happened this week, but I will do my best to keep it simple.. Key word... TRY.

To start off the week, a darling couple from our branch got married this week, and a few days before, Yukie (the bride) comes up and asks if I can do her hair and makeup for the wedding.... UH HELLO NO PRESSURE. Next, a member asks us to decorate the wedding cake. WHAT? It's okay though because it was straight up a Costco cake and we just had to put strawberries all over it, but ya. Next, we became the drink servers, and then after alllll that, I ended up singing at the wedding. Offffff course. Hahahah it was so fun and all things I thought I never expected myself to be doing, especially on a mission. But HEY! Christ lived His life serving, so if being a wedding extravaganzanist is the way, I'M IN!
Wedding prepping


Shae singing at the wedding.
That was all fun, but the real miracle of the week happened after I received a message from a member in my old area telling me that Maki, my recent convert, was struggling. My heart sunk to the floor. I was able to get in contact with the missionaries there and talk to them about what was going on.... it broke me to pieces. I have never prayed so hard like.... ever. But randomly one night as I was walking home from Eikaiwa I had the strongest impression that I needed to go see Maki... I was so confused. I live like 5 hours away and we aren't allowed to just casually visit old areas.... Like how would that even work? I thought about it and then it hit me. This week was MLC which meant I was going to be in Tokyo for a few days. I called President Nagano to see if it was even a possibility, well... not only did he say yes, but he encouraged me to go. MIRACLE. I couldn't believe it.

The crew is back together!
This past Thursday I was able to go back to Kawagoe and visit Maki. It was an experience and lesson I will never forget. There I was, in my favorite place, complete with Sister Ohki (my lovely bff trainee), Kiyomi Shimai (my lovely bff member), and my family, Maki and the kids. Dreams really do come true. Sister Ohki and I were able to sing to Maki the song we sang at her baptism and the spirit was SO strong. She just looked at us and said, "I remember now." After that I was able to just talk to Maki and I am serious I have never felt so much love in my whole life. I just sat there and cried. We talked about anything and everything. It was truly a tender mercy and I will forever be grateful for it. Maki and Kazuki are now preparing to go to the temple. She called me a few nights ago so we could talk and read the BOM together. To say my heart is full of gratitude is an understatement.

Through this experience, my testimony that God cares about the one was strengthened so much. I am so grateful to be able to serve as an instrument in His hands to make sure that the one is never lost. 

THIS WORK IS MIRACULOUS

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun facts:
- Japanese people love Costco. The closest one to Niigata is 2 hours away, yet people go. PRIORITIES MAN

LOOK! IT'S OHKI SHIMAI! WE TOLD YOU THE CREME PUFFS
WOULD BE REUNITED.
Good job Japan. Good job.


Mission Leadership Council

No comments:

Post a Comment