Monday, May 15, 2017

rice..... hehe

Konnichiwaaaaa! 

Well I can't start this email without giving a HUGE shout out to the best mom in the universe. The one and only @marcimod. I could say it time and time again, but thank you for everything you have done for me. I love you! SO FUN TO TALK TO YOU TODAY (and the rest of the fam. You guys are chill too. hehe)

Oh heavens you guys. I don't even know where to start with this week. It was absolutely NUTS. Let me just paint you a picture. Sister Larsen was my companion for a total of a few hours this week. HOURS YOU GUYS. We had like 20 bajillion things to do and exchanges and it was just insane. I got to be with Sister Kouyama and Sister Shoji on exchanges for a couple of days this week. They are the 2 Japanese sisters in our zone and I LOVE them. But let's just say that my English has definitely taken a hit.... I literally do not know how to speak English! It's bad hahahahahaha. 
Mana chan who is one of my bff YW. :)

Check out the little frog on her glove!
A once-in-a-lifetime thing happened this week I worked on a rice farm! YEP YOU HEARD ME. A RICE FARM. Rice planting season is like 3 days of the year and Oya 兄弟, a member, owns a farm and called us up to help. #SCORE. Hahahahahaha it was so fun. It just took me back to the days of my Grandpa Dave's farm. (s/o to you gpa lol) I didn't realize how much I would miss being covered in dirt with a view of nothing but the work truck and miles of fields. So unreal.  Definitely a highlight of the week.

ALSO the elders' investigator, Takahashi, got baptized this week. I LOVE HIM YOU GUYS. He literally is the funniest person I have ever met in my entire life. I can't even describe in my own words. Lol. Such a homie. Right before he went to get baptized he walks up to me and whispers to me, "Moda chan... (that's what he calls me) how long should I stay under... 3 days?" HAHAHAH WHAT? Legend. I have nothing more to say on the subject.
At Takahashi's baptism.
Sorry this email is kind of allllll over the place but I just want you to know a few things. A. I love my mission. B. This church is so true and seeing it change people's lives--like Takahashi's--is amazing! C. I am having the time of my life out here, and D. Japan wins on so many different levels.

SAY YOUR PRAYERS AND TELL YOUR MOMS YOU LOVE THEM

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun fact:
-Bagels... They are not a thing in Japan. But hey... What doesn't kill ya makes you stronger right?

Rice fields. Cool, right?



I can now officially play 3 chords thanks to this Nagaoka guitar class.




Niigata

No comments:

Post a Comment