Tuesday, May 2, 2017

exchanges for days

Helllooooo fam, friends, and whoever else is so kind to take the time to open this email, big s/o to you <33

WELL, WE CAN'T START OFF THIS EMAIL WITHOUT A HUGE BDAY SHOUTOUT TO MY OTHER SISTER ERIN THIS PAST FRIDAY! THE BIG 22 WOOOOO YAAAAA HOT DANGGGG NICEEEEE. (But seriously people, even though her bday was last week, please still feel free to send her letters and cakes and ya know. The sorts. ;)

Okay. Now. Moving on... Let's say I love being an STL (Sister Training Leader). This week was back to back exchanges and it was soooooo fun. I am completely exhausted and am currently writing this email laying dead on the tatami (it's like bamboo mats that are in our bedroom... I sleep on bamboo... HAHA I just realized how weird that is. It's way comfortable though. 10/10 would recommend. Lol. I love Japan.) ANYWAYS. Ya. I am so tired and we are always so busy, but that's like the best thing to be as a missionary. BUSY.

Sister Oaks, me and Momoka chan being......normal.
This week I was on an exchange with the lovely Sister Oaks. Some of our plans had kind of fallen through and so we had more time than we thought... Well, our mish pres has been focusing a ton on being creative and receiving revelation for ourselves, so we decided to give it a shot. We thought of all the creative things we could and then said a super sincere prayer asking God to lead us to do something to help us find His prepared people. Boom. It came. Christian Survey. Hahahah I know. It sounds way weird but..... IT WORKED. We walked around with our clipboards and did a survey about what people thought about things such as whether people thought God exists or not and things like that..... Normally Japanese people get WAY shady when you try to talk about that type of stuff... (They always just say "BUKKYO" aka Buddhist) BUT NOT THIS TIME. So awesome. People would answer us and talk to us openly and we were able to get a GOLDEN INVESTIGATOR. The Lord really does work by faith. I can testify of that. Being a missionary is so cool. Seriously. Also, holding a clipboard makes you feel professional and cool. I can testify of that too lol.

There is not much more to say than I love my life. I kind of never want to wake up from this dream.... Like ever. Niigata. What a place <3333

SAY YOUR PRAYERS PEOPLE

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun Facts:
- I thought Utah weather was bi-polar. No. Niigata wins. One day it will be straight up summer.... but you can just put money down that the next day it pours all day.... you just can't win lol

.........oh.
Literally one of my best friends on the mission and ever, Sister Zundel.
Exchanges in Nagaoka.
LOOK AT WHAT I GET TO LOOK AT!
(and no, that's not a lake.
That's a rice field. #nice)

Manami chan. Nagaoka's investigator who I adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment