Monday, April 24, 2017

general authorities and all sorts of fun stuff


OH BABY WHAT A WEEK!

Where to even begin. Okay. Elder Choi from the Quorum of the 70 casually did a tour of our mission this past week.... He is the guy from this last General Conference who gave the talk, "Don't look around. Look Up!" (Which, fun fact, he was wearing the Tokyo Mission tie during General Conference, so that's cool). But ya! He did 3 different conferences so all of the zones got combined, well, that is except for Niigata. We got our own conference. Just us 20 missionaries, President and Sister Nagano and Elder Choi and his wife. TALK ABOUT COOL. I was super excited but super nervous all at the same time. Also, the nerves were
Elder Choi when he came to visit the Niigata and Sanjo branch for
church meetings (he air dropped this to us, so ya, we felt cool).
even higher because I got a call the week before from the Assistants telling me I would be singing at this conference... (Now let's just get things straight here people. I DON'T SING. But now I have officially sung at a baptism, zone conference, and general authority conference.... huh? Missions... they do something to ya lol) All was well though, I didn't throw up and Elder Choi even said it was his favorite song so wooooo. Didn't die. SCORE.

I could go on for years and years and years about what an incredible experience it was to be with him for a day as he taught us, but then you probably would all stop reading, let's be honest... But, all I can say is WOW, the priesthood authority is real and the spirit is one powerful thing. We got to work with him practically one on one because there were only 20 missionaries there. It was amazing.

He taught us so much but one thing that I will never forget is that he said that this was his very first time coming to Niigata and he felt something very different here. He told us about how lucky we were because he knew this place was special. President Choi told us that if we worked hard enough, and worked with the members, he knew that Niigata would turn into its own mission in the NEAR future. Not only that but he promised us that one day Niigata would have its own temple. YOU HEARD ME PEOPLE. I KNOW. MY JAW WAS ON THE FLOOR TOO. A TEMPLE. RIGHT HERE IN NIIGATA, JAPAN.  I have never been so excited to work so hard in my entire life. The spirit was so strong and we all freaked out. This really is a special place. 

So ya. I am the luckiest missionary to be working here at a time of such amazing change. I love this work. So much. LET'S GO NIIIIGATAAAA!!

SAY YOUR PRAYERS

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun facts:
-Lol. Here is a mission fun fact for ya. My mission is known for being like one of the strictest in the world... Well we got a new rule today in our emails. We are now all required to sing hymns and Primary songs in the shower. Required. It's a rule. Yep. Hahahahahahah this should be fun ;)

Yoshida 兄弟 fixing my bike. He is my favorite grandpa ever!
Momoka, aka my mini-me, who we teach English to <3<3 
Sister Larsen and I drinking smoothies to celebrate the
fact that IT'S WARMER
#artsy
My desk (Look Mom, clean. You proud?)
Teaching English


No comments:

Post a Comment