Wednesday, April 19, 2017

cherry blossoms for the win

Mod Shimai with her new companion, Larsen Shimai....and sakura :)
Helllooooo WORLD!

Well, it's been another week out here in the 080. I don't even know if that's the area code, but hey, that's how my phone number here starts, so HEY. It counts;) ALSO S/O TO PAIGE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE TURNING 18! IT HONESTLY MAKES ME WANT TO THROW UP. WHAT IS TIME? BUT YAY FOR YOU! <333 (everyone make sure to send her lots of hb texts and cakes, thx)

This week was sad. I had to say bye to cute Sister Domino and the other girls that left our zone. It was so sad. Niigata is a special place because your zone literally becomes like your family because there is not a lot of us. This past transfer we were all sooo close and so that was a bummer. Also, as soon as they left I realized I was now area senpai (the one who had been in the area for the longest) and STL (Sister Training Leader) senpai (my new comp has never been an STL so I have to show her the ropes) so YA hello stress. I don't feel like I know anything, buut what's new? Haha. It's okay because things have been working out well. There has been a LOT of prayer and relying on God, but that is how it should be, right? My new companion is Sister Larsen and she is from Arizona and Washington and Utah and wellllll, all over the place. Lol. She is such a hard worker so that is a blessing. It has also been her dream to be an STL in Niigata so she is really excited to be here! We are ready for Niigata to explode. It's coming... I can just feel it.

So I talked about the Sakura (cherry blossoms) in my email last week, but this week puts last week to shame. This week we had the opportunity to go to a place called Joetsu, where there are no sisters serving, so that was pretty cool. In Joetsu they have a famous "hanami" which is where the cherry blossoms are unreal and EVERYYYYYWHERE and they basically throw a big festival. We got to go with some people we are working with and WOWOWOWOWOW Japan is beautiful and God is a reallllly good artist. It was beautiful and so much fun. Everyone needs to go put Japan in April on their bucket list. It is something else. I love my mission. So so much. 






Our investigators are doing well. Last transfer Sister Domino and I worked soooooooo hard to find new investigators and towards the end of the transfer we were able to find some kinjin (golden people). We are now working with them a lot, in fact this week we were meeting with one of our cute investigators from Russia and she brought her friend who became a new investigator as well! MIRACLES PEOPLE. 

God is so good. THE CHURCH IS TRUE. I don't know if you remember, but.... I prayed about it;)

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun Facts:
- The wind up in Niigata is out of this world. We are right on the ocean and so wow, I may or may not have been pushed over on my bike now like 58927 times. DANGEROUS STUFF PEOPLE.
- Bagels and cream cheese don't really exist here. It is a shame and I miss that, but hey we eat sushi every other day so I really shouldn't be complaining.











No comments:

Post a Comment