Monday, April 3, 2017

casually climbs mt everest on pday

HELLLOOOOO EVERYBODY!

This week as usual was fantastic. Lots of exchanges and running around with my head cut off but I wouldn't have it any other place any other way. 

SO. TODAY. Today was one of the funnest days of my life, no kidding. As a zone we went and hiked Mt. Yahiko. It is this way famous mountain that has all sorts of cool authentic Japanese stuff, including both a shrine at the bottom and the top! IT WAS SO FUN! I'M SERIOUS. First of all, it was soooooo pretty. The weather was perfect. The zone was pumped and we made our way. I was in heaven. Sometimes when things get really stressful I forget about all the little things just as simple as nature, but as we were hiking I was just sooooo grateful. Grateful for the opportunity to be here and meet amazing people, see amazing things, and serve God. So so so happy. 
The missionaries in front of one of the shrines.

Welllll... we finally get to the top. It is beautiful. You have the ocean on one side and miles of country on the other. UNREAL. Well as we are chilling, we begin to see some dark clouds coming in hot. We are literally on top of a mountain right next to the ocean and what happens? You betcha. A thunder and lightning storm, complete with snow and hail. #NICE. Sister Modersitzki's luck kicks in once again. Wrecked. We start booking our way down the mountain... but when I say booking, I don't really mean booking because A. There is snow and mud everywhere, B. We are at a solid 75 degree angle, and C. Because you would basically be booking it to your death. 

That casual time when you fit 18 people in a gondola in a
thunderstorm and don't die.
At one point we make it to a huge ski slope. Not really, but the path was way steep and covered in snow, so it was about the same thing. We had a moment of "crap" buttttt it was all good. Why? Because one by one 10 or so missionaries slid down this hill on their butts. I have never laughed so hard in my entire life. We made finally to this gondola place where we made it just in time for the LAST ride of the day... #blessing. So there ya have it. Soaked to the bone, and 18 missionaries crammed in a tiny gondola making their way down a zipline in a giant storm. NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MEMORIES PEOPLE. 

Missions are seriously spiritually life changing. They teach you so much and help you grow in so many ways. But missions are also the funnest things on the planet. I love this calling.

SAY YOUR PRAYERS PEOPLE

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun fact:
- I found a vending machine today that makes hot chocolate. No. It does not just have it already for you, but you click your flavor and it MAKES IT FOR YOU. Technology. I love it. #gojapan 

SOOOO PRETTY RIGHT? Man, I love Japan!
Top of the mountain with my soulmate Sister Zundel,
Polaroid-style bc artsy.
My cute companion
zoneeeeee and a view
Guitar night in Nagaoka. SO FUN and I can now play a solid 3 chords #nice.
Now tell me missions are not giant parties.
Exchanges with Kouyama Shimai visiting Kaneko Shimai,
the cutest human to ever exist.



Marci here: I LOVE seeing pictures of Shae out working.
She always seems so happy! :) And her companion
is just the cutest!

No comments:

Post a Comment