Monday, October 31, 2016

*insert really creative email title*

Mod Shimai, Nanami & Wootan Shimai
Heyooooo!

Captions... the trial of my existence. Lol. I am convinced this week did not even happen... honestly, it's all a blur. Time flies when you're working hard, aye?! ;) This week we had an amazing miracle happen in Sakado. *drum roll pleaseeeeeeee* We got a new investigator! WOOHOOOOO! Her name is Nanami and she is 19 and literally the cutest girl I have ever seen in my entire life. Like Japanese model material and sooooo suteki (the Japanese word for stylish). We met with her twice this week and she really wants to learn more! She said her first prayer yesterday and I almost cried I was so happy. After she finished she goes, "Woah. I've never said a prayer by myself before... that was so cool! It feels good!" I think Sister Wootan and I almost fell over we were so excited. I LOVE WHEN PEOPLE FEEL THE SPIRIT. Haha! She is darling and we are so so soooo excited to work with her.

This week I feel like I got my personality back... lol #holla! Not being able to speak the language very well made it hard for me to be my crazy weird self, but as the language has gotten better, I have gotten happier and happier and crazier and crazier. Just ask my companion... she's probably dying at this point. 😂 At Eikaiwa (English class) this week I was talking with a group of 5 or so students and after a while one of them goes, "Ah Moda san you are crazy." Except the word crazy in Japanese is really hard for them to say, so it sounds more like ku-ray-gee. Lolol so great. Life is fun :)

Also, I got real kanji this week from one of our Eikaiwa students! My name is 藻田瀬月 姉妹 . (and no, I cannot write that without looking like I am 4 years old lol) In Japanese, all kanji characters not only have a sound, but a meaning too.. My 4 kanji put together mean a beach and sea under the moonlight which is still and peaceful... OKAY HOW COOL RIGHT? When my cute friend wrote it for me and showed everyone they kept telling me what a pretty kanji I had... saweeeeetttt, and ya that's a thing. Pretty kanji.. who knew, right?

Speaking of good food, this is yakiniku.
You cook your own food right at your table!
Life is good. The work is good. My companion is good. My ward is good. The food is changing my life it's so good. But ya. Basically, I am doing good if you catch my drift. ;) 
Thanks for the prayers! I am thankful for each and every one of you! 

愛しています!

Xoxox

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun facts:

- I mentioned earlier that an Eikaiwa student called me Moda san. In Japan you put san after everyone's name as a form of respect. Or chan if you are little. So because my name is hard I am normally refered to as Moda san or Setsuki chan. Haha! Japanese people are the cutest!

- Japan is soooooo safe. Safe enough that is not even weird to see 5 year olds taking the trains or walking around town by themselves. Like what!? 

"Let's take a picture so everyone can see how tall Sister Modersitzki is!"
She is definitely tall! :)
Weekly dinner with one of Shae's favorite families, the Shimamuras.
I'm so grateful that she's being fed by great people! Thank you!
Just casually eating a sweet potato. Who is she?
Another cute picture with Nanami.

No comments:

Post a Comment