Monday, October 10, 2016

Lost... but never hungry ;)

Heyoooo!

I swear I just emailed yesterday, butttttt I'M BACK. This week was a pretty average week. Sister Wootan and I are working our little booties off here in Kawagoe and Sakado. It's pretty hard white washing 2 areas and being alone to help run a ward when you're 5 weeks old and still can't really speak the language, but in the words of Nike.... we "just do it." There is a lot to do and a lot to figure out butttttt we're doing it! πŸ˜‚ My trainer says I have the craziest situation for a greenie in the whole mission. I would have to agree, but as of right now, it's all I know, lol! Woooooo fun stuff πŸ˜‚ Memories right?

This week we got to watch the last half of General Conference. I LOVED IT. Russell M. Nelson's talk about joy would have to be my favorite. As I have applied his teachings more and focused more on the Savior, the hard times have gotten easier and I have been able to feel true joy. Joy that I have a Savior who loves me and is supporting me in this journey! Ahhh I wish General Conference was like every other week. That would be bombbbb.

I got to experience my first Matsuri (festival) this week in Sakado! Everyone was dressed up in kimonos and traditional clothing and was on main street. There was music, performances, food and games, parades, and all sorts of stuff! It was so cute and so Japanese. I just loved it! ALSO, I had the greatest food there of my entire life. Seriously, Japanese food is to die for. I can't even describe it. Meat and bread and ramen and sushi and pastries, aahhh, the list goes on and on. I lucked out that's for sure! Also, I'll probably be 300 million pounds when I come home. #noregrets

Speaking of food. Follow up from last week. Remember the guy who said he wouldn't drink coffee or tea if I didn't eat chocolate? Welllll of course as soon as that bet was made, a member of the ward came up and handed me a king size chocolate bar that her husband brought back from America.... LIKE BYE. πŸ˜‚ Chocolate was everywhere this week.. but I came out strong. Lol.

Funny story for the week. I spent Sunday with my favorite human, Yoshioka 姉妹. We had a blast as usual, except for we were the two biggest messes on the planet. First, we got lost for probably an hour trying to find this college we were trying to get to, and when we finally made it, the event we were going to was over. Soooo we headed back to the train station. We got on and what happens? Of course we get on the wrong one which takes us about 20 minutes past our station. FAIL. I have never laughed so hard. That's what they get for putting a greenie as a senior companion ;) We finally made it back to the church and got to break our fast with a bountiful meal of bread, bananas and candy. Too good. πŸ˜‚


Missions are great. There are so many opportunities to learn and grow. I have never been more grateful to be a member of this church than being here and realizing what life would be like without it. The gospel is amazing and I feel so lucky to be able to teach people about the blessing that it is.

CHURCH IS TRUE MINASAN

xoxo
Modersitzki 姉妹
ヒダーセッツキ 姉妹


Fun facts: 

- Japanese toilets are freaking crazy. They have all sorts of buttons and heaters and fancy things on them. Not gonna lie, sitting on a heated toilet without expecting it is a bit strange πŸ˜‚ Also, if they're not fancy they are straight holes in the ground. TRUE STORY PEOPLE I WITNESSED IT IN A TRAIN STATION. So interesting lol.


- There are so many bugs here. And not just normal bugs. HUGE GIANT ENORMOUS SPIDERS THAT MAKE WEBS THE SIZE OF MY HOUSE AND WILL PROBABLY EAT ME BY THE END OF MY MISSION. So scary. Everything in Japan is small.... BESIDES THE SPIDERS. #prayforshae2k16




Practicing her note writing


Mod Shimai with some of the young women in her ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment