Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Do I look like a mom....?

Heyooooo!

How it's P-day already I have no idea.... like what? Weird. Also, I've been in Japan for almost a month? Even weirder! Haha! This week was so crazy busy. There's just too much to fit in one email!

First of all. General Conference. SO AMAZING. We got to watch it on Sunday and I honestly was so happy. S/O to all the mentions of Japan as well #holla ;) I lovedddd all of the talks. Honestly, I have pages and pages of notes. Such a blessing. I just love the church!

Mod Shimai with Yoshioka Shimai
To explain the caption for this week... 2 things. One. This week on the train I was talking to this cute little grandma. She asked me if Sister Wootan was my daughter. Haha. What? I lost it. Legit could not stop laughing. The 5'11 to 4'11 ratio. It gets people lol. Alsooooo. This week was my first week going alone to church! I was SO nervous, but I got to go with Yoshioka Shimai who was the BEST. We had so so so much fun. I think we must have been friends in heaven or something;) She is my companion on Sundays, so I guess I'm the "senior companion" in a round about way. Senior companion at week 4... bless the world. It's so fun though! I will switch off between her and another ward missionary each week. Scary because I still feel like I have NO idea what I'm doing or saying, or how I'm even still existing, butttttt fun! They're both darling. So ya. I guess I look like a mom....and a senior companion! Woooohooooooo! Lol

We got to go to the Tokyo temple this week! It was so amazing! It was such a tender mercy to be able to go and feel of that spirit once again. I have missed the peace of the temple SO much. I wanted to stay in there forever.
Sister Morley, Sister Villanueva, Sister Wootan, Sister Modersitzki at the Tokyo LDS temple.
We are seeing the work start to pick up here more and more each day! We've found a couple of investigators and potential investigators and are really excited about that! It's so fun finding people who are actually interested in what you have to say. We have one investigator who will just sit there and get SO pumped while reading the pamphlets. She just reads the whole thing right there in front of us because she can't wait to hear what's next. She's constantly saying, "AHHH NARU HODO" over and over. (ohhhh I see!)

Also. Remember how I talked about Black Thunder ice cream last week!? Ya well there is this wonderful man in our ward who is not a member, but has been coming to church for 4 years. 4 YEARS. He's awesome. We're homies. Well, today we saw him at 7-11 as we went to go get one of those beautiful creations. I made him try one because he had never had one before. Anyyyyways. We were chatting and I asked him why he hadn't been baptized and he said it's because he likes coffee, tea, tobacco, and alcohol... We had a good talk about the Word of Wisdom and I ended up making a bet with him that if he would try to follow the Word of Wisdom for a week, I wouldn't have any chocolate.... He agreed and then upped it to a month. WHAT?! So awesome, but BYE BYE BLACK THUNDER. The things you do for missionary work..... send prayers ;)

There's so much more I could say, buttttt I have a feeling none of you want to be reading this til you're 90 years old. Sooo, I'll stop here. Basically, Japan is such an adventure. I'm learning so much and really drawing closer to my Savior, Jesus Christ. There is NO way I could be out here without Him. Thank you for the prayers and support. I love and miss you all! And, seriously, I am trying to respond to everyone. We just have no time at all! I will respond. I PROMISE.

Xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹
orrrrrr
モダーセッツキ姉妹 (that's what my name is in Japanese. COOL RIGHT?)

Fun facts:

- The Japanese trash system is legit the craziest thing in the world. First of all, there are no trash cans. Like ANYWHERE. Yet, it is straight up the cleanest place ever. I've seen probably 6 pieces of trash on the ground since coming here 4 weeks ago. People carry their trash home with them and then there are certain trash cans you throw away certain things in on certain days. So complicated and so confusing. Japanese people loveeee their trash system. (And yes, the garbage trucks do sing haha!)

- THE STEREOTYPE IS REAL. People SHOVE themselves onto trains. Legit today no one even had to hold on because we were sardined in there so hard. It's NUTS. They have the men with the white gloves that push people in. I witnessed and experienced it myself you guys. IT'S NOT A JOKE! Tokyo is crazy man. So crazy.

Shae's meal. Squid! She was so excited about it!
This is a sushi conveyor belt. What a fantastic idea!
Mod Shimai in Sakado.
Painting fingernails.
Cutest missionaries!
At the Scramble (a super famous tourist spot in Tokyo).
This is a small town in Japan. (Sorry, I didn't catch which one.)
Burritos for lunch. In Japan.
Waiting at the train station. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment