Monday, October 24, 2016

Apostles, transfers, shrines, and all sorts of fun stuff

Konnichiwaaaaa!

This week was unreal. Crazy busy, but unreal. Let's just start with the most important thing of my week.... ELDER BEDNAR CAME TO JAPAN! We were able to go to the mission home on Tuesday and have a devotional with him. Let's just say I have never felt more inspired in my life! That man sure knows how to bring the Spirit. I literally have like 12 pages of notes..... like.... literally... haha! I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to hear from an apostle of the Lord on my mission. It was an experience I will never forget, that is for sure! *feel free to be jealous... I understand* ;)


Sweet potato ice cream is GOOD!
I also had follow up training this week, so we went to the mission home once again! And ya, you heard me people... follow up training because I FINISHED MY FIRST TRANSFER. I know! I can't believe I am still living either.  We had transfer calls this morning and both Sister Wootan and I are staying in Kawagoe and Sakado. We were super relieved. This place is the best to start a mission. Although it is a pretty hard situation, I love it. The ward members especially make it all worth it. Since we are the first sisters in both areas, everyone is overly nice to us. Everyone is always wanting us to come over, they always give us food, and we have dinner appointments allll the time (that's like not a thing in Japan). Sister Wootan said she's never been fed more on her mission than here. They are toooooo good to us. We are spoiled. That's for sure!

Today a member, Hatakeyama Shimai took us to tour old Kawagoe. We got to go to a shrine which was soooooo cool. I had only seen them in pictures but they are WAY cooler in real life. So so fun! Japan is the cooooolest. Everyone should have it on their bucket list of places to go, in my opinion. ;) Also, I had sweet potato ice cream. Like what? Ya that's a thing. Way good surprisingly... who am I?



This week we were able to teach a lesson to a family in Sakado about Jesus Christ. I was pretty nervous about it, but when we got there and began speaking, I felt the Spirit so strong. The language is hard but I felt the Spirit helping me speak. It was such an amazing feeling being able to testify of Him and how anything is possible through Him. Sometimes I feel like my language skills hinder the Spirit from being as strong, but this lesson I felt it so strong that I actually began to cry. I am here because of Him, and my testimony of Him was strengthened immensely this week.

I am grateful for this gospel and for the chance I have to be here as a representative of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He is the reason for all joy in this life. I couldn't do this without Him, that is for sure! Thank you for the love!

THE CHURCH IS TRUE

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun facts:

- Japanese people drive on the left side of the road.. still throws me off sometimes. Their driver's seats are also opposite... they are on the right side! Seriously counting my blessings I don't have to drive here.... I would legit die. Haha!

- We don't have an oven or anything of the sorts. Everything is cooked on the stove or in our rice cooker! Haha! I forgot ovens were even a thing for a while! Buttttt, I can now make dang good banana bread in a rice cooker so ya #wifeme #jk #missionary 


Touring old Kawagoe with Hatakeyama Shimai. :)

Reunited with MTC friends at the Elder Bednar devotional!

And now she does origami? Her talents are endless! Haha!


Day. Made. Shae LOVES sausage egg McMuffins. Love her!
Delicious ramen with Hatakeyama Shimai. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment