Monday, November 7, 2016

There's now 2 of me?

Konnichiwaaaaa!


So this week was absolutely insane. I am pretty sure the first time we stopped to breathe this week was about 20 minutes ago. Missionary work man, it's the life. :) 

So I knew this week would come where I could literally spend my whole email talking about food... I won't (don't worry Mom). BUT I do have to say Japan is just the coolest. This week we went to a super famous sushi place called Genki Sushi and it was unreal. You would order off of an iPad-type thingy, and then it would come out on this little conveyor belt/car thing. I felt like I was living in the year 3000. *someone please say that they caught that Jonas Brothers reference. #money* but ya. Everything here is just so cool I swear.
In front of Genki Sushi
That shiny strip is the conveyor belt. They send your sushi order out to you on that.


Modersitzki Shimai x 2! :)
We had some amazing experiences this week. It's hard to think of just one to share! Buttttt... this week we worked a ton with Hikari 姉妹, the cutest member here in Sakado who is waiting for her mission call right now! I was able to find out that her call had been assigned for her online and when I told her, she freaaaaaaked out! She was screaming, jumping around, and hugging me and it was just one of those moments where I felt so lucky to be a missionary. She ended up wearing my other name tag all day and was so cute and happy. Modersitzki 姉妹 2.0! It made me so so happy! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARYYYYY

I had a super cool experience today actually. I recently started the Book of Mormon over, and this morning I was studying in 2 Nephi 28-29 where it talks about the Bible and the Book of Mormon supporting each other. THEN during our lesson with our investigator Natori san, who is Catholic, we began talking about the Bible. I felt prompted to share the scriptures that I had read, and as I did she was like, "Oh my gosh! That was exactly what I needed to hear. That makes so much sense! How did you find that so quickly?" (Okay, well maybe not that quickly bc #japanese, but you get the point;) It was so cool! Definitely one of those moments where I felt the Spirit working through me. Those are probably the coolest moments on a mission.

There is so much more I could share, buttttt I don't think anyone wants to read till they're 90 years old. Sooooo basically, Japan is the best. Each day here gets better and better and I feel lucky to be able to wear my Savior's name on my chest each and every day while having the adventure of a lifetime!

SAY YOUR PRAYERS PEOPLE

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun facts:

- Everyone in Japan rides bikes. Like everyoneeee... From 4 year olds, to 99 year olds, to mothers with 3 children in the basket and on their backs. They are sooooo skilled. It's so impressive. I am still working on becoming as skilled... not quite there yet *flashes back to bike crash 1st week in Japan* lol

- Everything here is individually wrapped. Like 6 times. Lol. For example, the other day I bought a little bag of cookies... Well, I opened it up and each cookie was individually wrapped.. they were tiny too. So I then had to spend 483273859 minutes trying to unwrap each individual cookie. Maybe they are just trying to help me stay skinny....?
  
"I like to call this one #fall." 
Sweden in Japan! Shout out to Erin (Shae's sister) and all of
her friends who served their missions in Sweden!
P-Day fun!
Apparently she hasn't changed much. Haha!
This is about as much Halloween as she saw this year. This and picture below. :)
Good costumes, you two!
Soooo many pictures with food this week. I'm cracking up!
Sweet potatoes.
Apparently this chicken "changed her life." Ha!
Cabbage. (I wasn't kidding about the number of food pics. Believe me now? ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment