Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Earthquakes and COVENANTS WOOO

Sister Wootan & Sister Mod at the Tokyo temple
Heyyyyyooo!

This week was pretty normal, which means it was crazy! Lol. Japan man, it's the best. This morning there was a huge earthquake! I am totally safe, but it was crazy! We got woken up to our apartment rumbling, and honestly, I was convinced I was dreaming. Apparently so was my companion, because she told me it was a drill and it was just practice... ðŸ˜‚ yaaaaa not a drill lol. It was fun haha!

Also, sorry I am a day late... but honestly, not really that sorry because IT'S TEMPLE PDAY. If you can't tell, these are my favorite days of the transfer. Haha! I feel so lucky to be in a mission that lets me go once a transfer. The peace and pure happiness I felt today in there was out of this world. Literally ;) As a missionary I have full rights to commit people to do things.. so here's me taking advantage of that.... GO TO THE TEMPLE PEOPLE. I would legit go every day if I could. As I sat in the Celestial room today surrounded by new friends that I love, I just sat back and had so much gratitude fill my heart. The temple, the gospel, the opportunity to be a missionary, it's all so amazing. (Oh ya happy Thanksgiving btw;)

"Is your name Moda Tanaka?"
This week we were able to meet with a couple of new investigators. It was so so fun! We are a fully functioning area! SAY WHAT?! Few updates on my areas for those who are keeping tabs @mom @gma lol. Nanami is doing soooo good. She says she really really wants her faith to grow and is reading and praying everyday and I just love her. We were able to meet with 3 new investigators this week. One is named Maki and she is the best! She has a 3 year old daughter named Akari that legit is the cutest thing ever. She asked me yesterday if my name was Moda Tanaka because Tanaka is her last name. *dies of cuteness.* Japanese kids are the CUTEST. 

There's not much more to say other than life is good. Missions are hard and exhausting and we literally only have time for lunch like 3-4 times a week because we are so busy. But it is so fun and I love it. Also, I ate a chicken foot this week, so let that just soak in..... ya.
Yep. Chicken foot.

SAY YOUR PRAYERS PEOPLE

xoxo 
Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun facts: 

- Rice. People wash their rice like 12 times before they cook it. WASH IT. There are washing stations on the streets. It's nuts! I wasn't a believer when my companion first told me, but honestly, it tastes way better.... I think I'm turning Japanese hahahaha WOO

- Everyone bows. At everything. Even if you just make eye contact with someone they will bow at you. I don't even realize I am doing it now, but yaaaa I'm pretty sure I will have a perma-bow by the time I get home. lol

Crazy weather.
Shae with Maki san and Akari chan
With Arai Shimai.
I miss this cute face!
Indo curry. Shae is trying to make her dad jealous.
A nativity....in Japan!
Salted Squid Guts? Really?
Shae's cute companion on Sundays. Yoshioka Shimai. She's darling and Shae adores her.

No comments:

Post a Comment