Monday, November 14, 2016

#japan5ever

Konnichiwaaaa!

I am pretty sure I am going to be able to run a marathon by the end of this mission because this week was another of literally running from appointment to appointment. So awesome. And makes up for the fact that desserts in Japan are literally life changing. Haha! This week so so so many awesome things happened I don't even know where to start!

Probably one of my favorite things that happened this week was with everyone's favorite 94-year-old grandma, Takayanagi 姉妹. We, of course, started off painting her nails because that is her favorite.. That's always fun. Especially when she tells Sister Wootan she better paint her nails if she wants to become more pretty. Ya. We died. 😂 Buttttt, on a different note, lol, we were able to talk to her about temples and she said she really wanted to go... we were able to set a date with her and she was able to get her temple recommend this past Sunday! SO EXCITING. I can't wait! Probably the sweetest moment was when she said that she wanted to be able to go quickly so that her brothers and sisters could live with God as soon as possible. Such an angel that one.

We were able to have a big party with the Sakado youth and their friends on Sunday and it was sooo fun! Everyone brought food and the point of the whole party was to eat till you die. And that we did my friends.... ;) The ward here is so great at involving everyone. We had a blast! Also, Japanese people. THEY ARE JUST SO GOOD AT COOKING IT'S OUT OF THIS WORLD. (k wow. I seriously need to stop talking about food in my emails but I mean when it changes you it changes you, right?)

Our areas are really picking up which makes me so happy considering we double white washed... We were able to get 5 new investigators this past week, have 30 people come to our Eikaiwa, and meet with so many people! 2 other of our less active friends were able to make a goal to go the temple as well! Soooo awesome! Our investigators are doing so well and it is so fun to meet with them and see their faith grow! MISSIONARY WORK IS JUST AWESOME!

I love Japan and the experiences I am having. Even thinking about leaving these areas makes me want to cry. I am so so grateful to be able to share this happy message with the greatest people ever! #japan5ever

THE CHURCH IS SO TRUE

xoxox
Modersitzki 姉妹

OH. Also, big news everyone. An elder I served with here in Kawagoe finally got his visa and is heading to the Orem mission tomorrow! IF YOU SEE AN ELDER YOSHIDA FEED HIM FOOD OR SAY HI OR SOMETHING! He is the bestttt! Look out Utahhhh!

Fun facts:

- Everyone alwaysssss comments on my eyes. Like even random people on the street and on the train. They all think having green eyes is like the coolest thing next to sliced bread. And yes, I did have some kids touch my hair this week to make sure it was real haha!

- 7-Eleven. Ya know the gas station that no one really goes to in America unless it's July 11th? Ya well, Japan is obesessed. There are literally 7-Elevens on every corner. And they have like wayyyyy good food. It's quite strange but that's where its attttt! Also, free wifi too so holla @missionaries. We love our 7-Elevens.

This meal is so beautiful that it needs to be documented!


English class

2 comments:

  1. My uncle and aunt are the mission pres couple for the orem mission. Elder Yoshida will be in great hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to tell Shae! She will be so happy!

    ReplyDelete