Monday, September 18, 2017

God's timing.... it's a cool thing

ONE YEAR IN JAPAN (with the cute sign Shoji Shimai made for me)
KONNICH.

Coming to you live from Niigata where we had a missile from North Korea fly overhead on Friday and then a lovely typhoon this morning. Hahaha. Fun stuff! I will tell ya that for free. ;) Adventure... It's out there people. ;)

This week was AMAZINGGGGG. So many cool things happened. Can I just say that WOW God is SO cool. Let me give some background. A few weeks ago a girl named Yukino came to our English class. We asked her if she had ever been before and she said she had when she was wayyyy young but then she recently decided to go to Australia for a few months to study English, remembered about our class and decided to come again. (Guidance from God? YEP.) Wellll.... we began talking with her about the gospel and she became a new investigator! YAY! 

Yukino herself with me and Sister Woolley 
Now onto this week. Sister Shoji and I were planning for our exchanges with the Sado Sisters. We both realized that we had scheduled Yukino for that day. Sister Shoji and Yukino have a really good relationship and so my immediate thought was that she should teach her, buttttt we decided to pray about it just in case. As we prayed I received the strongest prompting, "You need to teach her." It was sooooooo clear. I had no idea why, but you don't exactly fight a prompting like that;) So, we decided that Sister Woolley and I would teach her!

Now fast forward to Thursday night. We meet Yukino and as we start talking Sister Woolley (who happens to be from Australia and who happens to go home in 2 weeks) asks her where she is moving to in Australia.  Her response? Brisbane. Sister Woolley's hometown. Not only that, but the place she will be going to school is literally 5 minutes away from the Brisbane temple. WHAT! 

We proceeded to have one of the most spiritually powerful lessons of my whole mission. Yukino, although she said she has no knowledge of God and Jesus Christ at all, said that if she came to know this was true that she would be baptized. I KNOW, RIGHT?! SO COOL. 

There were so many other small things that played into the story, but overall my testimony was strengthened that God knows His children. God needed Sister Woolley to meet Yukino, and I am so grateful for the small prompting I had to be able to help with that. We really can "Become His Hands" and how grateful I am to be able to do that full time right now. <333

THE CHURCH IS TRUEEEEE

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun fact: You take off your shoes in a lot of restaurants too. This week we went to one and as we went to use the bathroom there were slippers right outside for people to use. LOL. Too good.

Casually come home and you're under construction
Free English Challenge with the Sado 姉妹たち 
Yakiniku (all-you-can-eat meat aka elders' paradise
with Sado and the Zone Leaders!

How do you not love this human?
A close-up version of the 1 year sign :)


No comments:

Post a Comment