Tuesday, June 13, 2017

I just love being a missionary. That's all.

Moda 姉妹. -By Chihiro
Chihiro is 12 years old. Impressive!
Konnich.

Can't start off this email without wishing a HUGE SWEET 16 S/O TO MY BROTHER. Tater tot! YOU'RE OLD. 16 (!!) ...... also that makes me feel about 400 years old, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANYWAYS! <33

Not only that, but alsoooooo... HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD! If any of you know my dad you know what an amazing person heis. Still convinced he's the reason I have any friends. Dad you're the best! Thank you for all you do for me!

Sushi on the bday with the besties (Mana and Sister Zundel).

All right now. This week. This week was fun. Let's just say my birthday was sooooo fun. Not because of any parties or anything, but I got to be a missionary and work with so many people that I just adore. I got to go on an exchange with one of my best friends on the mish, Zundel 姉妹 as well, so ya... it was fun! Lol you all know about her by now so I'm sure you can imagine...it was a blast. We got to meet with so many people. Momoka (from last week's email) told me she wants to come to church, Sumi was able to come get a priesthood blessing and it was just amazing.

One of the highlights of this week was definitely Sandy and her daughter Chihiro. You all remember Sandy right? The one who gave me a nice hot pink mini skirt? YA. Her. So we had a lesson and we were planning on teaching the Plan of Salvation, but then in walks Chihiro ちゃん... Sandy's darling 12-year-old daughter. WHAT! We were able to start teaching Chihiro about who God was and it was soooooooo cool. We watched the video "Earthly Father, Heavenly Father" and the spirit was out of this world. Sandy testified to Chihiro with us and cute 12-year-old Chihiro ちゃん just burst into tears because she felt the spirit so strong. It was a moment I will never forget. 
Chihiro, Sandy, Mana and Ogawa 姉妹 hangin' in YW.
For the past almost year (bye) I have been able to preach about this amazing gospel. As you would expect, Japan is about the furthest thing from a Christian country. People here really don't know God. Like at all. Probably some of my favorite moments of my mission have been when people like Chihiro ちゃん come to understand that they have a Heavenly Father who loves them. It's life changing for them and it has been life changing for me as well. My testimony of that has been strengthened SO much over this past year and I am so grateful to be able to say that I really do know God lives and loves each one of us.

THIS CHURCH IS SOOOO TRUE. I prayed about it....... ;)

xoxo

Modersitzki 姉妹

Fun Fact:
-The kids in Japan are all still in school... and for those of you high schoolers who complain that school is so long.... their school goes from like 8:30-ish in the morning to like 6 at night... and then they have their sports/clubs/cram schools. Sooooo....... ya. They're beast.

Meet my frenz. (Sister Woolley, Sister Larsen and Sister Wihongi)
Shopping with Kiriko ちゃん
Onoda 姉妹 who brought me flowers for my birthday (!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment